Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't register Sure signal

Winnifred
4: Newbie

Please could somebody help me register my sure signal.  I've tried online all day but it keeps telling me there is a temporary problem.  I have very little signal at home without out it so help would be much appreicated.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Winnifred,

Thanks for posting. What does the error message say exactly?

If you're still struggling when you try other browsers, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Winnifred
4: Newbie

Hi

I've responed using the link and following the instructions  but got a message back saying this email address is no longer in use.  Presumably one of the team here will pick it up tough?

Hi Winnifred.

Please send it again with WRT165 in the subject line so it comes through to us.

Thanks

Ian

I've resent and have received an acknowledgement.

Thank you.

Just had a call from the Tech Team about my Sure Signal and it turns out that it was already registered to my old account.  So it appeared that the solution was to deregister and start again with my new account.  However, because I have not used it for over three months (I was keeping it as an emergency spare) it has now been suspended and the only solution, apparently, is to have it repaired even though it is not actually broken. 

I can then deregister it but if I don't use for three months I'll be back to square one again. This all seems very odd and rules out keeping something spare unless you remember to set it up every few months. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Winnifred,

If your Sure Signal is suspended it will need to be sent to the repair centre so that they can’t remove it.

Please see the repair process here.

Please also see section 3, paragraph 6 of the Terms and Conditions for use of your Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Gemma

Thank you Gemma.

The conditions say that "We’ll try and tell you when we suspend, restrict or end your use, but we won’t be able to if we don’t have your contact details" 

Although my online login changed  my address and email address have not and neither has my account number but  I received no notification that my Sure Signal box was being suspended.

I see that you have sent me details on how to sent the box for repair, could you tell me if there would be charge for this please?  

I feel a tad ripped off.

Hi Guys,

Once the Sure Signal has been suspended, there is nothing more that we can do to remove this suspension.

@ CAFOULK – Due to the amount of different internet providers, routers and IP addresses, you may need to do some configuration to get the unit working.

Although you may see a number of users saying they’re having trouble, this is a very small percentage of customers who actually use the service without problems.

@ Winnifred – Providing the Sure Signal is less than two years old, the repair will be free of charge.

James

CAFOULK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had (HAVE) the same problem.   All I got was inane announcements from the web page only to be advised that Vodafone had all sorts of IT problems .. Still not clear to me whether they are sorted .A truly rubbish process.

Seems to me that the VSS system is pretty un-refined. The Forum is full of people with all sorts of 'set up ' issues for the VSS..