Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can you please remote reset sure signal box

koonerj01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

I have purchased a sure signal box from someone who is no longer a vodafone customer

Can you please remote wipe or reset the box so that I can register it against my account

Box details are:

BSR FEMTO VODAFONE UK
@MAC 000E5919E308
Serial 21224662904

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi koonerj01,

You need to ensure that the person you bought the VSS from has un-registered it before you will be able to register the device yourself.

HTH,

Peter

Peter

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi koonerj01,

You need to ensure that the person you bought the VSS from has un-registered it before you will be able to register the device yourself.

HTH,

Peter

Peter

Hello

Thanks for your response.

They have now moved from Vodafone and closed their account. They have also moved away from the uK.

If the account that the box was registered too no longer exists will it de-resiter itself ?

No, there's a concern about physical ownership so, if a VSS is 'orphaned' in this way, you'll need tthe assistance of the Vodaphone tech support people.

One of them should pick up on this before too long.

Peter

Hello

Thanks for gettiing back to me again.

I will wait for Vodafone Tech Support to pick this up then to assist with my "orphaned" sure signal box.

Jag

Hi there koonerj01,

Thanks for your post.

I'm afraid you'll have to speak to the original owner about this. We are unable to de-register VSS' without the express consent of the original owner.

You might also ask for a refund.

Thanks,

LeeH

Hello

I will try to reach the seller.

If they no longer have a vodafone accoun t does the box still need to be unregistered ?

Regards

Jag.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi koonerj01,

Yes this would still need to be unlocked in order for you to re-register this.

Thanks,

Jenny