Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot add new numbers to SureSignal

britdoc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cannot currently add any new numbers to my SureSignal in My Account. They are vodafone numbers, they start with 07 and have 11 digits but I get the message:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
  • Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there britdoc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I'm afraid these are classed as MVNO's (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) and there is no way around this.

Sorry,

Lee

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

I have done that but with no solution.

I am using IE8 and Firefox on Windows 7

In My Account I go to Manage Users, Add User, enter the first name, last name and telephone number beginning with 07 and with 11 digits (which is a vodafone number), click submit, then confirm and get the message:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.
Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits

Perhaps you tell me what to do next?

Does the number you're trying to add use a vf sim ? Try adding a different number as well to see if that is also not allowed.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there britdoc,

Could you answer FDH's questions for me please? Also, please let me know the VSS serial number.

Cheers,

Lee

Hi FDH & Lee,

The number which does not work is for a phone with a Vodafone sim, other numbers can be added. It is my work phone and I have since discovered that my company has changed mobile service supplier to Timico, although I still have Vodafone as the carrier. Persumably this is the problem. Is there any way around it?

My VSS serial number just in case is 40112831660

Thanks 

Andrew

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there britdoc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I'm afraid these are classed as MVNO's (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) and there is no way around this.

Sorry,

Lee

pseudonym8
4: Newbie

How long will I be getting this response when I try to add a user to my Suresignal:

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

?  I have been trying to add a number for the last couple of weeks...

I keep getting this response when I try to add a new user to my Suresignal:

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

What is the problem?  Please do not direct me to the troubleshooting thread, as I cannot seem to find anything out there...

Hi pseudonym8,

Can you try a couple of things for me first so we can look to get you back your online management?

- Close all browser windows and tabs.

- Open a new window to any site other than ours.

- Clear the browser cache and cookies to remove any old errors.

- Type in the URL www.vodafone.co.uk - do NOT follow any links or bookmarks

- Try logging in again

If this doesn't work, then on the login screen can you click the link to reset a forgotten password and follow the steps for this when you receive the text? This should just help refresh the account registration and clear up anything which is not picking up correctly.

Failing this, can you confirm the Sure Signal serial number so we can have a closer look? That way we can see if it's something we can sort straight off or if we'll need to get your details.

Dave