Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect Sure Signal box following power cut

milesm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yesterday there was a power cut in the village and it appears that my Sure Signal box has lost its connection as a result.  Only the red power light is showing on the box.  I have attempted a reconnection as follows:

1 Press reset button and keep pressed -  after 30 secs red light goes out then returns and two white lights flash very briefly.

2 Power down the SS box for 10 seconds and power up again - red light comes on after a few seconds followed very briefly by the two white lights.

Release reset button.

3 Red light stays on but white lights do not reappear.

The router has been rebooted and there is Ethernet activity showing at the SS box.  The latter is connected to the router via Homeplug which is also showing Ethernet activity.  This connection has always worked before.  DHCP is enabled in the router and I have assigned a reserved IP address for the SS box using its MAC address.

The details of the SS box are:

Model: 9361 Home Cell V2-V
Serial no.: 40120955642
Mac: 0C:4C:39:03:88:23

Is it possible that the box needs replacing?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Sounds like the first thing to try will be a re-sync (requires a Vodafone tech person to take care of), after which you'll be asked to repeat the re-set.

That usually fixes things.

If that doesn't fix things, it will then be time to consider whether the power cut had an adverse effect on the VSS (unlikely, I would have thought).

Peter

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi milesm,

Welcome to the forum! :Smiling:

Allegoricus is spot on here, if you’ve already tried a reset then a re-sync should short this out!

I’ve re-synced this for you today so please complete this by completing a factory reset as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Jenny

Thanks for all advice.

I kept on trying the factory reset procedure and after the 5th attempt it completed the process and connected again.  That took about an hour.

Jenny: thanks for the resync today but, as stated above, I managed to reconnect yesterday.

This seems to happen every couple of weeks (losing connection, not the power cut).  Is that common?

Miles

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi milesm, 

Thanks for letting us know it is now working. :smileyhappy:

No, it's not something that should happen frequently and if it does happen a simple reset should fix the problem. 

If this persists please let us know and we'll investigate further. 

Best Wishes, 

Kay

Hi Kay

I have had same problem after a power cut too, this was a few months ago,tried as you suggested, but still nothing 😞

Maybe I need ours to get a sync too

Model is 9361 Home Cell V2-V  Serial No 40114631514

MAC@ 0C4C39000C6AE

Thanks

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there marzi71,

I've forced the resync for you.

Please factory reset the device to complete the process.

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Cheers,

LeeH