Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot de-register sure signal after my account was cancelled

suspire
2: Seeker

As in the subject line.... stupid for vodafone to close "my account" when I still have an active sure signal box that my friends are registered to use when they come round - another reason for saying goodbye to vodafone forever.

I see that from other posts that there is a process to be entered into to have you deregister the box so that I may sell on something that I shouldn't have had to pay for in the first place. Please start this process at your earliest convenience.

Nathan Rigby

28 REPLIES 28

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi truffy88,

We'll need to pass security before we can do this.

So that we can make a start, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Moonintroll77
Serial number is 40114610385
MAC OC4C3900BE6D

I still have the previous users Registered phone number, address etc

Moonintroll77
Fantastic. Can he still do this even if he is no longer with Vodaphone? He left them over a year ago. What details will you need?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Moonintroll77,

Yes we can still do this - we can check the details on the old account. :Smiling:

Take a look here for instructions on how they can get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours so if they need a quicker response, ask them to visit our Contact Us page

Thanks,

Jenny

Moonintroll77
So as suspected my friend called vodaphone today and gave details but failed security on the basis that the account finished over a year ago and he was asked "how much is your monthly bill". So in essence I still have a sure signal that I cannot use. Thanks vodaphone,I shall enjoy my last year of very little / no signal where I live and just switch back to EE in 18 months time. Deep joy!!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Moonintroll77,

If you friend contacts us via the message Jenny sent, we'll take a look :).

Thanks,

Sukhi

RichardBorton

Hello,

I have a V2 VSS, i have had my son dergister it which he has done as he has moved from the house. We still need it and have attemted to re-register it but I am getting an error message saying the unit is already registered.

The serial number is 21226851785.

Your assistance is appreciated.

regards

Richard

Hello,

I have a V1 VSS, I have had my son dergister it which he has done as he has moved from the house. We still need it and have attemted to re-register it but I am getting an error message saying the unit is already registered.

The serial number is 21226851785.

Your assistance is appreciated.

regards

Richard

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello RichardBorton

As the device was previously registered to your Son, you will need to ask him to contact Vodafone to make sure that the Sure Signal has been deregistered.