Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot register, disgusting customer service

marcpalmer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

We bough a Sure Signal more than 2 weeks ago.

We still have not been able to use it, because it is impossible for us to register for My Vodafone - it returns the nonsensical message every time:

“The data being passed to the backend is rejected by the backend as its maximum has been reached.”

We have called Vodafone technical three times over this 2-3 week period. Every time, they say they can see that it is not working, and "it is escalated" and we will receive a call within 48 hours.

Guess what? No calls.

The last time (Monday 28th) the technical call centre staffer said she would set up the Sure Signal for me and call me back in a couple of hours.

That was three days ago. No call.

The same staffer said that, at my request, she had scheduled her manager to call me within 48 hrs to resolve this as I am understandably irate at having spent £100 on this and wasted hours on the phone to an incompetent business (yes, that's you Vodafone!).

Three days passed, no call from her manager.

I used the Vodafone website to contact the CEO of Vodafone about these pitiful failings over a week ago. 

No response or confirmation.

You can see a pattern here right?

I have exchanged many tweets with @VodafoneUKHelp about this problem. Every time they ask me to submit a message to them with a special code ("Make sure you type it exactly right or it won't get to us" - nice system you have there, human friendly) and they will deal with it for me.

I did this once.

Nothing, no response. No follow up.

@VodafoneUKHelp told me to do it again. And again. It's all they do is field tweets and tell you to submit to a form that seemingly just gets ignored.

(Removed in line with house rules)

[Original author re-editing - this line originally said: "We've had enough of this ****" where **** was a very inoffensive word beginning with "c" and ending with "p". Not considered a swear word by any children over the age of 4]

We have customers, who are your customers, coming to our business who cannot use their Vodafone phones because of poor signal. We PAID MONEY to have a box to sort this out for Vodafone's customers. 

We have been completely unable to use this equipment because nobody at Vodafone can fix a problem that means we cannot even register on their site using an existing Vodafone number.

This beggars belief. We are going to have to demand a refund and tell Vodafone customers to go away unless someone can resolve this promptly.

We will not submit more forms to anybody at Vodafone, nor call their normal technical centre. It is 100% clear nobody has a clue and not one single time is a "we'll call you back" honoured.

Somebody better pick this up and fix it, or tell me exactly who to call to get a prompt refund and compensation.

Vodafone should be utterly ashamed of their customer service.

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marcpalmer, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. 

For us to receive your details securely you'd need to fill out the contact us form and make sure the routing code is in the subject. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we'll contact you ASAP.

If you're not happy to email us then you'd need to speak to 191 or Live help

All the best, 

Kay

The problem is I have done all this over and over again.

There is no point, nobody responds to the forms submitted. When you talk to 191 they say it is escalated and will call back within 48 hours.

It does not happen. You are just saying exactly what everybody else has said for 3 weeks now.

Somebody needs to proactively take this on at Vodafone instead of me chasing vodafone.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marcpalmer,

I've checked the email address you registered with here on the eForum, and I can see we've not received anything from this address.

Please follow the steps provided by Kay and we'll be able to progress.

DaveCD