Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cel-Fi

evanowen
7: Helper
7: Helper

(removed)

When will Vodafone approve these for use on their network?

Not that they would be of any use to me coz we can't get 2G never mind 3G.

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi evanowen,

This is the first time I've heard of these. To be honest, whilst we have the Sure Signal, we're unlikely to be providing support for a similar device such as this.

Dave

It is 3G only unfortunately but the most interesting aspect is that it doesn't need a broadband connection, less hassle. I asked them why VF hadn't taken it up and they had no idea.

Have you seen the O2 app that allows you to use WiFi for calls etc?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi evanowen,

It's not something I use being as I'm not an O2 customer. :Winking_smiley:

We also offer VoIP services on our network and with many services like Skype, Facetime and Hangouts. I can't see there being much call for a Vodafone branded version just yet. :Laughing_Face:

You mentioned in your original post that you struggle with coverage. Have you tried using the Network Troubleshooting Guide to see if you can diagnose or report this?

Cheers, Ben

Yes I have often complained about coverage as have many others locally. We are in a village of 2,000 people along a coast that is saturated with upwards of 20,000 tourists this time of year, the coverage map says we are on the edge of the VF service, can't always get a signal outside and that means we are stuck with this sure signal box that have given up the ghost.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi evanowen

I can see that you have also posted here so we don’t split help between the two topics I am going to reply to your other thread.

Thanks

Sukhi

Montala
4: Newbie

I had never heard of these before, but have just done a quick 'Google' to learn a bit more about them,,, and then checked out the price!

Couldn't believe it when I saw they were £450 or so... so I reckon that Vodafone are doing ewally well in offering their Sure Signal device for just £100,

We've got a real need for something like Cel-Fi as we need mobiles as an alternative method of comms to landlines in emergency support centres.

SureSignal doesn't provide this.

Unfortunately Vodafone seems to be the only UK network now which doesn't allow the use of this device- I can see them losing a few corporate contracts if this doesn't change...

"Just £100" for something that needs unlimited high speed broadband yet consistently fails to work and even if it does it is of no use when you have a few of acres to work in. I would rather pay £500 for something that works.