Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change of SIM, one phone doesn't work

pscotter
4: Newbie

Hi

Please could you investigate for SureSignal 21223493194:

1) Suresignal working fine for the other two phones on the list, and my own.

2) One phone which was on the SureSignal list has been repaired and has new SIM and now does not connect.

3) We've had trouble with this particular phone before (see the thread at

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Can-t-add-new-user-to-Sure-Signal/m-p/2148053#M5...

and

Ticket number WRT165.

So that you can quickly identify the phone which is not connecting without the long-winded personal message ID-checking process, I have edited the "surname" field for that phone in the SS list in 21223493194  to "This One".

That is the phone which is not working.  That same phone could not be added last time, without detailed technical involvement, see WRT165.  Please could you try whatever you did last time to resolve it? 

I have reset the SS at my end

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

gemziilou125
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

How long ago was the SIM activated? Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for it to start working by itself. If it takes any longer then it would need looking into by the tech team.

If you have found this helpful, please give Thanks :Smiling:

Thanks for your reply.

The SIM was activated about a week ago, but placed in a temporary phone.  That combination didn't work on the SureSignal at all all week (all other phones fine).  I transferred the SIM to the repaired original phone at 10 am ish today.  Not a flicker.  I've reset the SS since then.

OK, it's over 24 hours now and still not working.....

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pscotter

As this is specific to the one mobile number, please try removing this from your registered list of users, wait at least 2 hours and then re-register.

Thanks,

Jenny

Thanks Jenny, that did it.

I was worried that we would have the same extended problem I referred to in my original post, but we're all working now, thanks