Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change of broadband requirements

ksmith_dun
2: Seeker

It seems the VSS v3 requirements have changed.

1Mb download1Mb upload min now.

VSS is aimed at areas of poor Vodafone signal including rural areas. I live in a rural area, dont have 1Mb upload speed will unlikely have 1Mb upload in the foreseeable future as with many rural areas.

Well done Vodafone, another nail in your coffin.

Roll on the end of my contract, EE have 4G in my area, Vodafone still only on Edge technology.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ksmith_dun

I see from your previous post that your Sure Signal had been working then stopped. 

Afaik the requirements for being able to use a Sure Signal in connection to Broadband Speeds hasn't  greatly changed.

Similar thread from 2014 > https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-Version-3-speed-requirements-Confir...

"The Sure Signal 3 requires 1Mbps download and 0.3Mbps upload for you to make a call."

The more devices connected to the Broadband will affect available speeds so sometimes removing other devices can help. 

Using the Ookla Speedtest software or yiur own choice of speed test what are your actual speeds. Please post a screen shot here in your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ksmith_dun
According to the main VSS page it now states 1Mb down/1Mb up and that has been confirmed to me by Vodafone support.

If you have read my other post you will see my broadband details there.

Nothing has changed from my side.

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate your opinion on this.

signal in rural areas has been a bone of contention for as long as I can remember. 

One person told me they seem to have to suffer fringe areas and not spots in exchange for beautiful scenery etc. 

Another said we can put people on the moon and communicate with them, but not have good Mobile Network signal where I reside in the Uk !

I agree with you that it makes sense to choose the Network with the best signal and data speeds where we reside, commute and work. 

Am I to assume Calling Over Wifi isn't an option to you ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ksmith_dun
Yes call over WiFi works however as you can appreciate it's no use for texts which are important.

If you look at my other thread Vodafone have responded and confirmed the new speed requirements.