Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change of sim and sure signal now not working

camperdown9
11: Established
11: Established

Hi

Yesterday I had my sim card changed and now the sure signal box is not working. 

Its a verson 2 sure signal box and the red light plus the internet connection lights are both on.

I have tried deregistering and then re-registering. 

I have also reset the box

Neither of these have helped. 

There are two numbers linked to the sure signal mine which has had the sim changed and my partners. My partners phone is also not connecting to the sure signal box.

The serial number is 40120908781

Alex

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi camperdown9

The best thing to do is de-register that mobile number from the Sure Signal, wait 24 hours, and re-register it via the Sure Signal dashboard on My Vodafone.

If you still can't connect your number to the Sure Signal, please let us know.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

This is a bit strange. 

I de-registered the Sure Signal from my online Vodafone account last night. This afternoon its working, however I haven't re-registered and as per my online account there is no sure signal box linked to it.

Alex

Hi there camperdown9,

Can you check this again for me? The VSS is now showing as deregsitered.

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi Lee

Yes I have just made a call and its working. I know that its not showing on my account but it is working.

Alex

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I still need help with this. 

As I have said there is no sure signal showing on my account, however its working and calls from my phone are going via it. However my partner's phone is not connecting to the sure signal box. 

Is there anything you can do at your side to disconnect the sure signal box and then maybe I can add it back onto my account. That way I can set both the number who need to use it back onto it?

Thanks

Alex

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Alex,

It's strange that the unit still works if it's not showing on your account (unless you have two separate accounts for the two separate lines perhaps?).

I'd like for us to try de-registering your Sure Signal completely to let you set it up box fresh. To do that we'll need some extra security details so could you email my team using the instructions I'm sending via Private Message here?

Cheers, Ben