Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Checking a Sure Signal has been deregistered

godalmingstewie
2: Seeker

I purchased a second-hand Sure Signal last week and was assured by the previous owner that it was deregistered over the phone with Vodafone yesterday morning. However, I still can't register it myself: it still says that the serial number has already been registered.

Is there any way to double check that it has in fact been deregistered before I start complaining to the previous owner again?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

These FAQs may help https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@godalmingstewie

This is going to be between you and the seller. Due to data protection, Vodafone won't be able to give you any information.  

You need to go back to the seller and ask the seller to deregister the device against his/her account.

If the Sure Signal was sold as deregistered and the seller won't cooperate, ask for your money back.

godalmingstewie

OK, so if checking the status of registration will breach Data Protection then let's assume that the previous owner did as they have said and successfully deregistered it.

In that case, the issue is that I can't register my second-hand sure signal: it keeps telling me that the serial number is already registered but we know that's not the case. The serial number in question is 40111017618. Is there anyone that can investigate what the problem is? The device is currently powered on with flashing white lights (it's a version 2 device).

Thanks.

@godalmingstewie wrote:

In that case, the issue is that I can't register my second-hand sure signal: it keeps telling me that the serial number is already registered but we know that's not the case. 

If you are getting the error message that it is already registered, that means that the previous owner has not deregistered the device.

You will have to get in contact with them and they will have to deregister it for you.

As said previously, Vodafone won't be able to discuss this with you as you aren't the owner of the account against which it is registered. 

PWIAC

I have just spoken with the previous owner: she assures me that it was deregistered over the phone with Vodafone yesterday morning.

Therefore it would seem that something technical is going wrong. How do I get that investigated?

It can take 24 - 48 hours for it to be deregistered so give it a chance.

Also, if it isn't deregistered, they will need to follow up and not you as you're not the person who has the SureSignal registered against their account.

The bottom line is that the person you bought it from is going to have to do all the chasing for you. 

PWIAC