Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaints

megamtber
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone,

I am tearing my hair out. I have spent the last three months trying to sort out my Sure Signal Box. I have visited Vodafone stores 4 times, taking about four hours of my time and spent at least ten hours on the phone to multiple people in different departments. I have recently been liaising with Bruce from your Wilmslow store and have hit a dead end.

I have a Sure signal, serial number 40110729627. This was previously linked to a PAYG account, and I managed the sure signal online. I didn’t use the PAYG and the number expired, meaning that I was unable to access the suresignal on my online account, as I had no live number associated to it.

Speaking to your help line I got a new PAYG and tried to have the sure signal deactivated from the old account, to allow me to register this with the new account. I have spoken to every department at Vodafone and each department hands me over to another. No one will take ownership of the problem. I thought I had success when I spoke to your technical team, and I though the sure signal had been deactivated (I even went to the Trafford centre store to verify my identity), but this did not work

My next step was to see Bruce at Wilmslow. Bruce emailed a technical team and I thought the issue was going to be resolved. After multiple visits and much wasted time, I have received the below email which advises me to call the technical help line, who I have spent hours on the phone too!

I have a perfectly function piece of hardware, which won’t work because Vodafone are unable to untick a box on a computer system.

Please either sort the issue or replace my sure signal with a new one so I can use my other Vodafone phones at home.

For reference the suresignal was originally registered with the telephone number (Removed for security) and the account name was IVAN.N.VUKOMANOVIC

Kind but frustrated regards,

Ivan Vukomanovic

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 at 10:44 Wilmslow (Retail) <(Removed by Moderator)> wrote:

Morning Ivan,

I've managed to get a response from our ask HQ retail support team about the issue you're having. Unfortunately they haven't given us authorisation to exchange the sure signal for you. They also said that the team to get hold of to fix this would be the technical team via 191, if you go through the IVR to the default billing help line they should be able to ether pass you through to them or get the number for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce

(Removed by Moderator)

6 REPLIES 6

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @megamtber

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear the issues you're having. 

I can see that your Sure Signal is working now, has your issue been resolved? 

If you're still unable to use this device let me know. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

the problem is that the sure signal is registered to an account i can no longer access because it doesn't have an assitiated telephone number with it any more. I want to register the SureSignal with my new account.

Hi @megamtber

To look into this further, I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch via email.

Thanks,

Rodney 

I sympathise with the poster. I too have spent many hours over the past weeks trying to resolve a Suresignal v1 that no longer works.

Vodafone used to be a company where you could make a single call and get problems sorted out.

I have phoned Vodafone on numerous occasions, been held on hold on several occasions and been cut off after 45 minutes on hold. The operative who broke the connection returned the call on my mobile, which I had explained would not work if Sure Signal was down.

I have checked with my broadband provider and given them the settings as provided by Voda, I have had my web tech guys at a considerable hourly rate set up Vodafones router settings and also had the power cable and Internet cable changed (by my guys).

It would therefore seem reasonable for Vodafone with a £2k a year contract, to accept that the best solution would be to send a replacement Sure Signal box FOC. Especially since the Sure Signal box is advertised with a once in a lifetime charge.

But no, I am expected to package my 6 year old Vodafone Sure Signal box and post it at my expense, no customer friendly offer of "we will send a courier to pick it up".

I was then called by "customer services" who said that it was not policy to replace Sure Signal units, and that they had no obligation to provide coverage.

So Vodafone are about to lose a customer who has spent over £30k over 25 years, because they want to save £15 for a courier, and possibly £20/year on a Sure Signal box, for a loyal customer who's only alternative is to migrate to a rival network.

What depresses me most is that this is obviously a great British company.that is going down the tubes, with absolutely no understanding of their relationship with their customers. I shall be selling my Vodafone investment.

Cus

thanks for posting. i can't echo your comments enough. It's such hard work to try and sort this out.

Hi @BlueYacht

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Laura