cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complicated VSS problem with adding new user.

chanandler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a really messed up problem with my VSS.

The VSS has been in my home for a year now, it has been working fine with my company Vodafone iPhone.

Last week I decided to take out a new contract with VF for my wife. I ported her number over (from Three) and that happened Friday morning. All is fine with her iPhone, calls and texts and data etc all working fine.

When I try to add her number to the VSS, I get an error:

======================================================

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
  • Sorry. This person has decided that they don't want to use the Sure Signal.

======================================================

I have checked her account online and the 'Opt In' option is green.

So I thought maybe if I de-register the VSS from the online account I created for my work number and then register it directly to my wifes account that may help. I did this and reset the VSS.

After doing this I could not add it to my wifes account (got an error with a long line of code that made no sense). It starts with this:

=======================================================

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)

=====================================================

So I contacted VF online chat and they told me that they had managed to add the VSS to my wifes account for me and it should all be OK. I kept looking into her account though and it was not there. I also noticed that my work phone was still getting a full signal and my wifes was getting nothing.

Now when I look at my VSS page on my account I get this error at the top of the page:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

Third Party System Error: The provided input XML is invalid, Please provide the right input XML and try again.

Is this happening because my wifes number has been ported over? I even tried to add the number that was allocated when the account was set up but that throws up an error as well.

Any idea how to get this sorted? The whole point of doing this was so that my wife would get a decent signal at home so she can make phone calls.

3 REPLIES 3

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chanandler

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

Thanks but the 'Sure Signal Troubleshooting Thread' doesn't exactly give you any fixes on how to get around errors that your own website generates when trying to add a user to a VSS!

The VSS is working fine. It is attached to my work mobile phone (ends 651). My work phone gets a great Vodafone signal!

When trying to add my wife to the VSS I get the errors I have already documented. Her number ends 114.

I cannot de-register the VSS and add it to her account (114) for the reasons already stated.

Vodafone online chat also couldn't do this, even though they said they had my work phone (651) was the only one that continued to get a good signal.

Internet speed at home is around 4.5Mbps. I am not posting my current external IP address for obvious reasons and am surprised you asked for it on a public forum!

The VSS serial number is 43151205713

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chanandler

I've checked the Sure Signal and I can see it's active and everything looks fine.

We'll need to pass security so we can add the other number for you and our Live Chat can do this for you.

You can also contact us directly by following the instructions in the private message I've sent you.