Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting Sure Signal to EE wireless dongle

BBS1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Bit of an odd query.  Due to our location, my vodafone signal is abysmal, as is our internet connection.  My question is; can I connect Vodafone's suresignal to an EE wireless data dongle (we get a good EE signal).

If so, any idea how much data a typical (say three minutes) call would use up.  I assume it is the same whether the call is incoming or outgoing.

Cheers

Graham

4 REPLIES 4

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

As long as the dongle is happy letting VPN connections through, and it has an ethernet port for the SS to plug into, I'd say give it a try, it may just work!

As for the data throughput, i'm not sure on that as there is bound to be quite a bit of control traffic to flow alongside the actual data from the call.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello BBS1

The Sure Signal is only for a Vodafone signal and will kick out any non Vodafone numbers.

Further info below 

Vodafone Signal FAQ's

Thank you both for the reply.

AnnS you didn't read my query.  I have been a vodafone mobile customer on a pay monthly contract for many years.  The problem is the business I manage is located in an area that vodafone have extremely poor coverage.

My colleagues have EE phones and get a good signal.  My thinking was to obtain an EE data dongle and connect it to the Sure signal, thereby using the internet connection provided by EE to act as the transport for my vodafone calls.  The reason I can't connect the sure signal via a conventional broadband line is that, again, due to location, we get an abysmal data speed (<1Mb/s)

I suppose I could always get an EE phone and solve the problem that way!

Cheers

Graham

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BBS1,

The Sure Signal is designed to work with a hardwired broadband connection due to the continuous quality of service provided. It may work using a dongle, but we can't guarantee the stability.

If you follow the later steps, including step 7, in our network guide, we can request improvements in the local coverage if needed.

Dave