Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cost of Sure Signal

Tom5865
6: Helper
6: Helper

I'm after a Sure signal box and dont know the correct price! ive rung customer services and was transferred around 4 times. First someone called luke told me that the box was £25 as im an exsisting customer, then when i finally got through to someone else they said it was £50 and ive no proof that 'Luke' told me it was £25!

Personally cant believe that the box isn't either free or a smaller fee than £25 espicially as i pay vodafone £££'s a month with all the contracts i have with them! 

checked Vodafones website says £50 i certainly dont want to give £50 when i was told there is a deal for exsisting customers.

how much did everyone pay for their sure signal box direct from vodafone?

18 REPLIES 18

I will get one, but don't understand why different people on 191 give different prices 😕 now will have to read through the thread to see if it will work with my sky broadband! Thanks for the replies and views

Hmm, I couldnt find the cost of SS and to see it cost £100 got my rag a bit, £50 is more reasonable but I couldnt find the cost on the VF website and searching brought me to the forum!

No, its still £100 as at 8/5/14. Too rich for me.

That may apply to you but for me (and others on a contract) why should I pay for Vodafone's poor signal coverage? I live in the middle of London but on the edge of a cell so if someone speaks too loud <joke> the signal drops mid call.

Why should we pay to extend Vodafone's poor coverage? We pay our contract they dont provide the service? ##### It may work out for the shirkers from home on company expenses but not those paying their own hard cash.

PS only teasing about the shirkers bit, old joke at my old office of which I was often on the receiving end!

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Coverage is getting better, and will do more so as the old analogue tv coverage band (4g 800mhz) is used to get into places that couldn't be reached before.

The suresignal is a cheap(ish) way to make sure you can get a 3g signal in a location that otherwise is poor.

If you can get better coverage from another network, it may be cheaper to buy out your contract to go with them, or it may not be, that is for you to weigh up the options...

It's a device that is offered as a service to help those in remote or industrial areas that struggle that can get broadband to also get a mobile signal if they could not before.

grolschuk

You are correct, it is £100, and that is offered at a loss.

The infrastructure to get an encrypted mobile phone call back to the mobile network across the interenet is often under-rated, and that plus the cost of the suresignal is more than they are charging you :Smiling:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone are way behind their competition here.  Please take note Vodafone Customer Support.  I paid £100 for a change in box, which turned out to be unecessary (another story).  EE would have cost me £25, 3 would have cost me nothing - free for pay monthly.  02 I gather offer a VOIP app.

I don't mind paying £25 as per EE as it costs to make, but I am now seriously disinclined to renew with Vodafone when the time comes.

grolschuk
£50 sounds good, the last couple I've purchased were £110+vat

If you can wait for one of the Tech Team to get to this post, they should be able to take some of your account details, and see what can be offered.