Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cost of Sure Signal

Tom5865
6: Helper
6: Helper

I'm after a Sure signal box and dont know the correct price! ive rung customer services and was transferred around 4 times. First someone called luke told me that the box was £25 as im an exsisting customer, then when i finally got through to someone else they said it was £50 and ive no proof that 'Luke' told me it was £25!

Personally cant believe that the box isn't either free or a smaller fee than £25 espicially as i pay vodafone £££'s a month with all the contracts i have with them! 

checked Vodafones website says £50 i certainly dont want to give £50 when i was told there is a deal for exsisting customers.

how much did everyone pay for their sure signal box direct from vodafone?

18 REPLIES 18

philip42h
16: Advanced member

Mine cost me £160 direct from the website, and was well worth every penny ... it's saved me well over £1,000 in travel costs since ... :Smiling:

However, prices have dropped a little since then. As you say, £50 is the current online price. :Winking_smiley:

Philip

£160?! 

wow don't you think vodafone should have given you one for 'free' or at a reduced rate?

I understand vodafone are a business and not a charity but sureley there is a way around theses costs (i know its only £50 and no other company offer this service) but if vodafone pushed ahead with giving their customers who upgrade their contracts on £20 + a month a box at say an extra cost of £1 a month they could gurantee a excellent 3g signal at home. anyone with a contract of over £40 should be given one 'free' when signing a new contract. lets face it they arnt that much to make and the customers jumping ship would make the costs up  

another update lol got off the phone to vodafone after there annoying sales staff keep ringing me regarding an ipad 3 which i already got from them... he told me to ring 191 say im not getting signal and i will get it free just dont tell them his name, and make sure im 'pushy' lol will give it another go later!

philip42h

@Tom5865 wrote:

£160?! 

wow don't you think vodafone should have given you one for 'free' or at a reduced rate?

I understand vodafone are a business and not a charity but sureley there is a way around theses costs (i know its only £50 and no other company offer this service) but if vodafone pushed ahead with giving their customers who upgrade their contracts on £20 + a month a box at say an extra cost of £1 a month they could gurantee a excellent 3g signal at home. anyone with a contract of over £40 should be given one 'free' when signing a new contract. lets face it they arnt that much to make and the customers jumping ship would make the costs up  

Since you ask, no, I don't think Vodafone should have given me one for free. I would rather like them to provide a proper 3G signal from a mast near where I live, but for the time being at least they don't. I agree that they could factor the costs of the SS into monthly contract charges and hand them out for 'free' to customers in low signal areas, and, as I understand VF do or have done.

The issue for me is that I don't have a VF contract - it's a works 'phone. Investing in an SS means that I am able to work from home on days that I don't absolutely need to be somewhere else - I don't need to travel just to get signal. That saves me 2 hours on an 80 mile round trip and a couple of gallons of fuel each day saving around £13 in fuel alone each time I don't go into the office. If you take the running costs per mile including depreciation it's its nearer £30 per trip! So, for me, the business case stacks up quite quickly. I was still dead peeved when VF dropped the price to about half within days of my buying one, but that's what you get for being a reasonably early adopter.

My point is that if an SS isn't worth £x to you, don't get one ... it's entirely your choice. And good luck with the quest for a bargain! :Laughing_Face:

Philip

I have two contracts which are £67 each month. I am paying £50 for the box as the signal in my area is rubbish. I think it is not Vodafone's responsibility to pay for the box. Once you have sure signal you can connect 4 lines to it and the quality will be excellent.

You can spread the cost to £5 per month.

If you are willing to pay £67 a month per contract and then are willing to pay £50 you are obviously vodafonea favourite type of customer. Price isn't bad tbh but when you are paying Vodafone over £250 a month it would be nice to have the best possible 3G signal and for the price it costs them u would think they would be willing to discount it abit. I was more than happy paying £25 for it but then being told its £50 knocked me abit.

It is also a service which I believe only Vodafone offers, so they should be praised for providing it when no othe networks do!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tom5865

Thank you for your posts.:smileyhappy:

I see some good points have been raised on many views which makes for interesting reading.

The cost for the Sure Signal is now a set price of £50.

If you would like to discuss this further please follow the instructions on the Private Message I have sent to you and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

is it £50 for the original suresignal or for a suresignal 2?
what are the main improvements between the models?

_365_
You can only get the new version now....it looks nicer and has less buttons :Smiling: