Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cv47 Napton

agriffiths73
4: Newbie
Post Title: CV47

1). Does the issue happen in just one location. If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service ?
This has been happening all over the house.

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the forum, add it to your profile here.
CV47 8 PA

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Yes, all three phones we use.

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Network Updates Board?
None that I've seen.

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G or both? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network".
Both.

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
Calls cannot be made from any of our phones, and calls are not getting through to the phones, yes SMS seems unaffected.
We have a Samsung Nexus S, an S2 and an S3 and the same issue is on all phones.

7) When did you first notice this issue?
Friday 31.05

😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent (If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs)?
Permanent.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi agriffiths73

Thanks for your post.

Your serving site is 4458 which is a 2G only site. There's no 3G coverage in the area. 

There aren't any faults listed and the site stats today show everything's working okay. I've checked your 2G coverage and this is also very limited.

How long have you been at this address for? What was your service like previously?

Thanks

Simon

Hi

This relates to my sure signal not allowing calls. I'm aware that 2G and 3G service is no good.

Hi agriffiths73,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Paul