Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

De-register sure signal box

guest51
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a sure signal box that needs deactiving so that one of my family members can use it. I no longer have a vodafone account/mobile and I used to work for Vodafone so much of my information may be assocated with my old work email address.

How do I go about deegistering the suresignal? 

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @guest51 

If you post the serial number of the SureSignal one of the eForum team will be able to arrange this for you.

They will need to get in touch with you at some point over the next few days to pass some security checks but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes on the phone.

Nabs

Thanks for the info! 

Although Vodafone haven't asked for my serial number. Instead they have asked for my bank sort code and monthly payment details.... I guess they didn't read my message - that I am an ex-employee and no longer have a vodafone mobile number/account.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

In order for them to access the historic account, they need to verify the account information.  You need to provide them with the details that you used on the account.  So, what they are asking is "please can you provide us with the bank account sort code and the method by which you made payments on this account when it was active with Vodafone"

PWIAC

Vodafone won't de-register my device. Just because it hasn't been used for more than 6 months? Is this for real?

At least that is what I think they are saying because I don't understand their sentences. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve had a word with the technical team and as per their advice since the sure signal box was not sure now for more than 6 months now the device has been de-activated.

You will now be unable to use this Sure signal box, I am afraid.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jagruti Manshani
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

drey_p

I've done a bit of digging for you and it appears that if you don't use your SureSignal for 3 months or more, Vodafone can suspend it. Here is the relevant bit of the T&Cs:

If you decide not to use the Sure Signal Service for 3 months (or more) we can suspend, restrict or stop providing the Sure Signal Services (all or part of them) and you’ll still have to pay all charges during any period of restriction or suspension. If we do this, we will, if you ask us to, reconnect the Sure Signal Services unless you’ve not used or registered your Sure Signal Box for 12 months.

It does read like you can get it reinstated within 12 months of last use. From what I have found on another thread, however, once the device is supended at the 12 month mark, they can't unsuspend it.

PWIAC

Thanks for checking.

So just because I haven't used a product that I bought for 12 months or longer, I am unable to use it? Is that correct Vodafone?

If I don't use gas for 6 months over summer or for more than 12 months because I have used electricity, I wouldn't expect my provider to disconnect me. Why are you?

guest51

Hi,

I have a sure signal box that needs deactiving so that one of my family members can use it. I no longer have a vodafone account/mobile and I used to work for Vodafone so much of my information may be assocated with my old work email address.

How do I go about deegistering the suresignal? 

Thanks,

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guest51,

We can de-register the Sure Signal for you. Just get in touch here

Thanks,

Simon