Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

De-register sure signal from closed account

Dan_k1991
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Please help. I need to re use my old sure signal box (Re register it to a new account so I can manage it from that) I can't de register it from my old account as the account was closed over a year ago and after 5 chat sessions on live chat I get sent  round in a circle back to live chat and never getting it resolved suresignal serial is 40112438631

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dan_k1991

You need to check your Sure Signal T & C's. Your use of the Sure Signal.

If the Sure Signal has not been in active for the last 12 months,it will have been removed from the system and you will be unable to reconnect the device.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

From... https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-products-and-services/Sure-Signal/42318691/My-Sure-Signal-ha...

If your Sure Signal still isn’t working:

If you haven’t used your Sure Signal for 3 months, we may have put a bar on it. Call us on 191 free from your Vodafone phone and we’ll remove it

If you have not used your Sure Signal for 12 months we will automatically de-register your device. After this point it will not be possible to re activate this on our network.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It still on I never unplugged it as I had friends registered on it for when they came round and my friends mobile still gets a signal from it from when I added them on my old account I am just unable to log in to that old account to manage it anymore as its been closed down so I need it de registered from the closed account so I can re register on a new account and manage numbers etc

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

Live Chat or Customer services on 191 would need to help you then.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Dan_k1991

If that is the case, please use live chat.  Even if the account is closed, they will still be able to access the account amd deregister the device.

I appreciate the help guys and I wish that was the case only Live chat and call centre continuosly send me from one to the other saying its not their department etc I've wasted 2 days with live chat and calling various numbers they give me so my hope is someone from vodafone may see this and step in

BandOfBrothers

That's disappointing as they should be able to help you. 

However, The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dan_k1991

I've checked the serial number you've provided and it's showing as deregistered.

You should now be able to re-register online, please try this and let us know what happens.