Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dead sure signal

marti
4: Newbie
When I got up this morning my sure signal had no lights on and seems to be totally dead. I spent about an hour on the phone tonight after getting cut off twice! Option I was given was to turn off 3 g signals on all 4 phones (not happening) or to buy a new sure signal! Why should I have to do that when I already pay for 4 phones on a monthly contract that I can no longer use! Sounds like breach of contrac to me! - I pay my bills each month so I expect to be provided with a service. Asked for a message to be passed to the relevant department which is now closed only to be informed that this is not possible! Surely it isn't much to expect a communications company to be able to communicate internally!
8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I am afraid that there is no breach of contract.  Yes, you do pay for service, and you can get that service by changing to 2G.  You aren't paying for a particular type of signal.  Also, you aren't guaranteed signal everywhere.

Now, which version of the SureSignal is it?  Some come with seperate power supplies so it could be worth checking that. Failing that, you may just have to buy a new SureSignal to replace the one you have - how old is your current one?

PWIAC

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marti,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Cheers, Ben

marti
Hi,

No help on there- my box is totally dead - may be the power supply. We now cannot get any signal 3G, 2G or any other G - I'm very disappointed with the lack of customer support when I have been with the company for so long. Called to cancel my contracts this morning and was told to take the sure signal to my local vodafone store who would "sort it". Won't be able to do that till Saturday - somehow I have the feeling I've been fobbed off!

marti
Surprisingly I went into my local shop today to be told there was nothing they could do! Called 191 again to be given the advice " get a new one off eBay". I'm really at a loss as to where to go from here, I cannot get any form of signal at home on any of my 4 contracted phones!! Any advice would be appreciated.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid that, unless the sure signal you have is under warranty, Vodafone won't so anything for you. You'll have to buy a new sure signal at £100. This happened to me a few weeks ago and I had to bite the £100 bullet and buy a new unit.

The other bad news is that a poor signal in your house is not a breach of contract. Once you are beyond the cooling off period you are locked in whatever happens as there is no obligation to provide you with a signal in a specific location. This is the way all mobile phone networks operate and it isn't specific to Vodafone.

The eforum tech team will this thread up in 24 to 48 hours and look at your specific account and see what can be done.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marti,

If you could post the results Ben requested, we'll take a closer look.

Thanks,

Sukhi

marti
As I have said it is totally dead - no lights no nothing! Unable to test or reset!

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marti,

How long have you had the Sure Signal for?

If it’s over two years, it’s out of warranty and there’s nothing we can help with if it’s completely died.

If it’s under two years, we’ll be able to take a look at it under warranty.

Thanks,

Simon