Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deregister Suresignal

greenonpaul
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening - I recently bought a suresignal box on EBay (Removed by moderator). The seller did not deregister the box and is not responding to my requests to help; the box is currently useless to me. Before I leave negative feedback on EBay and request a refund, are you able to help by deregistering the box for me?

Many thanks - Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi greenonpaul

I'm afraid that Vodafone can only deregister the SureSignal device at the request of the original owner.  If they won't respond, then I'm afraid that you have a rather expensive paper weight.

I can't see anything in the description about it not being dregistered, so it may be worth setting up a dispute through eBay in order to try and get your money back. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@23dash 

Thanks for letting us know. 

If you need anything in the future, please drop us a post.

DaveCD

Jaewoodford
1: Seeker
Hi, I have a Vodafone suresignal box that I need to deregister in order that a friend can start using it. I have not used it for 2 years. Please tell me how I can do that, thanks.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Jaewoodford wrote:
Hi, I have a Vodafone suresignal box that I need to deregister in order that a friend can start using it. I have not used it for 2 years. Please tell me how I can do that, thanks.

Hi @Jaewoodford

The problem you are going to have is when the device has not been used for 2 years, it will have been removed from Vodafone servers.

If you use live chat, they will confirm this for you.

Jaewoodford
1: Seeker
Hi, it's likely to be just less than 2 years, can I get the serial number checked?

AnnS

@Jaewoodford wrote:
Hi, it's likely to be just less than 2 years, can I get the serial number checked?

It would be unlikely the Sure Signal can be reregistered.

The T & C's state that if the Sure Signal has not been registered or used for12 months, Vodafone will stop providing the services and the device will not be able to be connected to the network.

However, it won't do any harm using live chat for clarification.