cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deregister sure signal owned by someone else previosuly who no longer has an active account

cfg
2: Seeker

I have a sure signal that has not been used in over a year and a half and given to me by someone who no longer has an account.

I would like to have this de-registered and re-registered to myself so I can link my contracts to it.

Is this possible?

The serial number is 40132118643

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@cfg 

If you cannot locate the person who had the device registered to their account, there would be nothing you would be able to do to be able to register the Sure Signal to your account.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

@cfg 

This will be very simple to arrange, but for data protection reasons, it has to be done by the original owner.

If you ask the person who has the Sure Signal registered to their account to use web chat or speak to Customer Services, they will be able to locate the account and deregister the device for your use.

cfg
Thanks for your speedy reply. And if I cannot locate the original owner as they now live in another country?

AnnS

@cfg 

If you cannot locate the person who had the device registered to their account, there would be nothing you would be able to do to be able to register the Sure Signal to your account.