Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deregister sure signal

elf341
2: Seeker

Hello,

I would like to deregister my sure signal so that my father-in-law can use it.

Online it says that it is suspended.  Do I need to re-activate it, and then de-register it?  Or can you just deregister it without reactivation?

Many thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

elf341

Well, after the lack of any online FAQ or help on deregistering, and the wonderfully helpful reply to this message on the eForum, I managed to get it deregistered.

It was rather a long process of almost 40 minutes.

(1) go to live chat - had to wait 7 minutes until was put through to "Brian"

(2) Brian told me that he couldn't access my account, and then put me through to "Pamela"

(3) Pamela told me she couldn't do anything and I'd need to speak to technical team on the phone, she called me 

(4) Put on hold for a couple of minutes, until "technical team" answered

(5) technical team made me confirm my details, and then said they'd need to transfer me to the "accounts team"

(6) put on hold for a few minutes, until "accounts team" answered and made me confirm my details

(7) "accounts team" told me they needed to transfer me to THEIR "technical team"

(8) 5 more minutes on hold

(9) eventually, "technical team 2" answered and made me confirm my details, and were able to finally deregister.

Hint to vodafone: why don't you save yourself (and me) a bit of time and money and let people de-register online?

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @elf341

I’m glad to see that this has now been de registered for you.

This is something that you can normally do online, as long as the account that was registered to is still active.

Thanks,

Laura