Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deregistering Sure Signal - original owner whereabouts unknown

meagain
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

A while back, I was given a sure signal by a colleague.  One of those things we just shoved in a drawer until recently we were doing a tidy out.

We never registered it as we hadn't at that time joined Vodafone but were planning to so thought this would help us as we had heard good things about .

We still haven't joined Vodafone and don't plan to in the near future, so want to give this suresignal away to someone more needy.  I obviously don't know if the previous owner had registered it and obviously we have never registered it but want to make sure that it is usable by any future owner. 

I have moved on from my job but contacted another collleage to see if the guy who gave it to me still worked there to get him to check it wasn't registered to him.. Alas - he has left the firm to go travelling for a few years.

Is there a way of seeing if it is registered to him still and if it is - is there a way of deregistering it.  I know his full name if that helps and the town he lived in.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Only the original owner can request the device be deregistered.  You'll have to get them to contact Vodafone to do this. To find out if the device was registered in the first place, simply try to register it against a Vodafone account.  If it was registered previously, you will get a message telling you so. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

Only the original owner can request the device be deregistered.  You'll have to get them to contact Vodafone to do this. To find out if the device was registered in the first place, simply try to register it against a Vodafone account.  If it was registered previously, you will get a message telling you so. 

PWIAC

Great thanks - like I said I cannot contact the original owner as he is off travelling the world (lucky swine!!!)

I will try and register it and see what it says.