Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deregistering my Sure Signal

robstef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently closed my vodaphone account. Of course I should have deregistered my Sure Signal before the account was closed. I have tried to get help through the online chat but this was actually worse than useless. I was given a number to call and it was the wrong number. I then found the correct number and did get through to vodaphone but they asked for my mobile number which I keyed in but of course they no longer recognise my number so I can't make contact that way either. I see that some people on here have been successful with deregistering through this forum so here I am. Could someone from Vodaphone please help me? 

The Sure Signal is an expensive item and I want to get it deregistered so that I can sell it on. I have very mixed feelings about Sure Signal anyway. Its basically paying twice for the one service ie to get a stable signal from vodaphone.

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@robstef wrote:

Thanks. I have tried this and cannot get through the maze of menu options without at some point having to input my mobile number which of course vodaphone does not now recognise.

Ignore the prompt to key in your number. 

After the 4th time it'll change to say press 1 for Payg or 2 for contract Customers

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Here is the chat transcript which shows the agent telling me that my Sure Signal has been deregistered: 

Thanks again for your suggestion re the landline but once again I reached a dead end. I have tried the online chat yet again and once again I have been told that my SS is now deregistered. Fingers crossed.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @robstef, please keep us updated on this if you do experience any further issues. 

Hi there, unfortunately it didn't work out quite like that. There are so many menu options I felt as if I'd been sucked into a labrynth. I gave up in exasperation and went back to online chat where after another rigmarole, the agent said he'd deregistered my Sure Signal. I hope he has because I sold it this afternoon. Thanks for your offer of advice anyway.