Ask

Solution

Disco SS

PeteJennings
4: Newbie

Hi

The evening started - 1+2, flashing 4 no signal

Reset - hold reset / pull plug / insert plug / let go of reset

Now have Disco SS lights 123/2/123/2 etc....

hold on....now 12/4/12/4   

Any ideas please??

[Cant decide what genre of music would suit my Disco SS!!]

20 REPLIES 20

oh....and just in case you were wondering....light 1 steady....nothing else happening

🙂

Update!!!

Spoken with tech support, same procedure as this morning, reset unplug / plug back in. Blamed a coleague for not "pushing" something at my box. GUARANTEED!!! yes GUEARANTEED that this would be the last reset I have to do, if this doesnt work, they will send me a new box!!!!! Cant contain my excitement at the ( lack of ) progress.

So, lets summarise:

Down for 23 hours

3 resets

2 phone calls

2 promises of "the last time"

told off for being impatient ;-)....sorry "VIrtual Mum"

No vodaphones working in my house and have a business to run tomorrow!

Still, keep the faith PJ, this guy convinced me. Back to staring at the lamps and hoping nobody want to get hold of me, 'cause I'd have to miss their call. Never mind, as long as Voda can keep me resettin, I'll keep on followin'!!!

PS they say it can be 24hours - so theoreticaly I'm ahead of the game ....53 mins to go

All the best Disco SS thread watchers....

Forgot this bit of the call..

Me: Great thanks, how long does this take?

Him: max 6 hours

Me: Brillant, so if it doesnt, Ill call you back?

Him: Yes sir, tomorrow.

Me: [Silent computing last answer]...pause......"why"?

Him: We close at 8 (3 hours time)!!!

Boom got me!! Stuffed...over a barrel.....!!!  You beauty!!!

Him: Can I help you with anything else?

Me: erm, no thanks. Thanks bye.

Hmmm..

Captains Log :

T + 25 hours since problem started,

20 hours since food and drink....

11 hours since virtual mum said she was busy and be back in a bit

2.5 hours since last reset.

A star near alpha centauri has been born, given life, life has exterminated itself and the star has blown up sine this problem started.

Disco SS looks like it may be on the last dance.Light 1 on, flashing light 2, I just wish I knew what it all meant, is this good? Is this happy? Im a failure for not getting to know my SS better when I had the chance....

Like the mysterious nuances of the fairer sex, im getting messages that I dont understand, in time I will be told of these messages, and in time I will find out I either wasted my time or should have give more help. 

It may be morse who knows?

Off to google SS flashing codes just so that I can prove I tried.

Doooooooohhhhhh :smileytongue:

So "colleague blamer" had me...done me up like a kipper, blagged, turned over, done one, sold me down the river.

6 hours he said, 6 hours, and guess what? - Disco SS has got second wind and is flashing like a the Olympic park on closing night - but still no 3G

My faith, my trust, my good side once again battered and taken for a ride. Disco SS is sick, and tech just want to poke her with a stick. Put her out of her misery, send her to the great PCB workshop in the sky - if there was a "RSPC sure signals", they should be called in immediately.

Meanwhile "Tech blamed" and "Tech blag" are on their respective sofas texting, picture messaging and chatting with their freinds not understanding the pain DIsco SS is in, its a cruel world out there in tech land folks....a SS is for life...not just for poking fun at.

Over and out for the night. SS will be under a blanket, with Iphone for company overnight.

Lets just hope she makes it through

Well, heres the surprise....called up tech again this morning as Disco SS is still in a comotosed state, to be informed

there is an outage....

"since when"?

"Saturday, you are not alone, lots of people are affected"

"How long" I said

"You need to give it 24 hours" he said. 

Now, this thread has been quite tongue in cheek, but come on Vphone, you dont know about an outage until 45 hours after it happens???

If you were another type of utility (Water / electricity), there would be questions in parliment about your ability to manage the service!!!!

Another thing I dont get, why does SS take 24 hours / 6 hours / 12 hours, everything in block of "lots of time", yet an bank can transfer a gazzilion pounds in a nano second, it takes 8 minuts for the Mars rover to report, yet a computer talking to a box in the same country on a fast network takes 6/12 or 24 hours.....seems someone or something is off the ball a bit.

Anyway SS thread watchers, I'll wait 24 hours (making 64 hours not working), lets home someone with a bit of "can do" gets thing moving for me....

BTW, the bloke at customer services was brilliant, embarrased, but brilliant - dont shoot the messenger!

Well,,,back from work and Disco SS is flashing to herself as per this morning.

Quick call (not so quick as they are busy souls) to ciutomer service, and Disco SS is showing on the network!!

Shes not going to the great solder station in the sky after all....apparently those clever techs have just "pushed" something at Disco SS (I dared not ask what) and she should repond. If not, I have to carry out a reset in an hour or so. I cant quite remember how to do the resets.....oh wait a second....I do...'cos Ive lived resets most of the blooming weeked!!

Brilliant, Disco SS may be back, I'll report back later...keep prayin guys, Disco SS needs you more than ever right now....

Finaly remembered the reset procedure, and Disco SS is reset again.....

Cant wait to pick up my messages...and texts...and be able to talk to someone on my business mobile...., office manager (Mrs PJ) will be happy to. 

Come on Disco SS, you can do it!!!

Well...guess what...nothing ...last nights reset didnt fix anything. Solid power light. Back to techs for more fobbing.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi PeteJennings,

I’m sorry to see the difficulties you’ve been having with your sure signal.

I’ve taken a look at your serial number and this is showing as last connected last night at 23.41. Is this working now or are you still having problems?

I can see that there has been a location change so if you’re still having problems try changing your postcode to another location and then back again as this may help resolve the issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Jenny