Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Do I need Suresignal?

neilburr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, just moved into a new flat in an area where there is low (NO) signal coverage (EH26 0QD). As I work on-call I need a mobile signal but currently receive "No Service"! Would purchasing Suresignal resolve this and allow me to get a decent signal strength? I don't want to waste money buying it if it won't work for me.

Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thats great, thank all for your help.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Two questions:

Do you have a broadband internet connection?

What phone have you got?

I have a Sure Signal and they are very good as long as all of the conditions are right.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi

Thanks for your quick response. OK, at the moment I don't have a broadband connection but will be getting this installed in the next week or so (not selected a provider yet!). My phone is a HTC Wildfire S.

jeffkinn

Once your broadband is in and working you can get your Sure Signal - just makes sure you get a decent speed on your broadband. The faster the better.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi neilburr,

A warm welcome to the forum!

Jeffkinn is spot on here! Providing you have broadband with a download speed of over 1Mbps and an upload speed of 0.3Mbps then the Sure Signal will work fine!

You can register up to 32 Vodafone numbers on the Sure Signal and up to 8 people can use this at any one time, so your friends and family can benefit too! :Smiling:

Take a look here for more information.

Thanks,

Jenny

Thats great, thank all for your help.

Better to check if other providers give a better  and acceptable signal on the mobile network.

If they do, change provider.

Vod Suresignal can be difficult to configure and tremendously unreliable.

I changed from O2 with a very poor signal to Vod with no sinal, just to get the Suresignal box and I sure regret it!

Peter

jeffkinn
I completely disagree. It is a very reliable piece of equipment and mine sits there and works all day every day. It makes a huge difference in a house with a poor signal.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Well Jeff, you are just lucky!

I thought my probs were solved when I deregistered, got a new box, then reregistered this one. Wrong!

I thought it was fixed when I sorted out the bad connection in the modern BT wiring in December. It is now VERY much better, but I had no 3G on Xmas day and none today after 10 am. 

The best fix is a good normal mobile signal, whatever the provider.  There is none where I live.

Peter

jeffkinn
A good mobile signal is of course the best solution but I don't think I'm lucky. There must be loads of sure signals out there working perfectly like mine does. I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems for when they do go wrong its tough to work out the cause as they complicated pieces of kit.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png