Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does this use my data allowance

Pagemakers
4: Newbie
Whwn I make a call or browse the Internet using Sure Signal, does this come out of my Vodafone monthly allowance?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello Pagemakers

If you make a 3G connection through Sure Signal, you will still be using the Vodafone network and your data allowance.   You would need to use your home WiFi to avoid using your data allowance.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS

Hello Pagemakers

If you make a 3G connection through Sure Signal, you will still be using the Vodafone network and your data allowance.   You would need to use your home WiFi to avoid using your data allowance.

Thanks Ann. I thought I used my broadband supplier's bandwidth so I thought I wouldn't be using my vodafone data.

Thanks for your help.

You're actually using bandwidth from both.

As suggested, using home WiFi for data avoids this.

Thank you,

Hi I've noticed that my and my families mobile data allowance has increased significantly whilst at home, this is attributable to the delay in connecting to WiFi and the data being drawn from the provided 3G sure signal. What I don’t understand is why my Vodafone data allowance is being consumed when I'm actually connected to Vodafone via my broadband connection. As such I'm paying for my data usage twice which isn't fair.

I've read the previous post and don’t accept that whilst using data on a mobile device via a sure signal you are using both your home broadband and Vodafone data. When at home I'm connected solely via the Sure Signal with an IP address assigned by my router and all data is transferred via my broadband provider to whatever IP address Vodafone desires. If Vodafone (you) chose to route my data via a VPN through your network to achieve cellular data connectivity so be it. I shouldn’t be charged for that.

I’ve noticed all the family have incurred additional data charges due to the data connection via the sure signal. I believe it is unethical to be charged twice for the same data that is being downloaded.

I respectfully request that any additional data charges applied to my account since the installation of the Sure Signal are refunded. I also request that any data usage over the Sure Signal is not applied to my account.

Hi I've noticed that my and my families mobile data allowance has increased significantly whilst at home, this is attributable to the delay in connecting to WiFi and the data being drawn from the provided 3G sure signal. What I don’t understand is why my Vodafone data allowance is being consumed when I'm actually connected to Vodafone via my broadband connection. As such I'm paying for my data usage twice which isn't fair.

I've read previous posts and don’t accept that whilst using data on a mobile device via a sure signal you are using both your home broadband and Vodafone data. When at home I'm connected solely via the Sure Signal with an IP address assigned by my router and all data is transferred via my broadband provider to whatever IP address Vodafone desires. If Vodafone (you) chose to route my data via a VPN through your network to achieve cellular data connectivity so be it. I shouldn’t be charged for that.

I’ve noticed all the family have incurred additional data charges due to the data connection via the sure signal. I believe it is unethical to be charged twice for the same data that is being downloaded.
I respectfully request that any additional data charges applied to my account since the installation of the Sure Signal are refunded. I also request that any data usage over the Sure Signal is not applied to my account.

Thanks Paul

Hi @PaulRoberts37

I can see that @jeffkinn and @63johnw have given you some great help here.

All data used via Sure Signal, will be billed the same as any other data usage.

Thanks,

Wayne

63johnw
Sorry if this is a daft question but can you not just use your router and connect to WiFi via that and miss out the sure start?

jeffkinn

You can ask but it won't happen. A Sure Signal is like having a Vodafone mast in your house. The device uses your broadband connection to establish a virtual private network back to Vodafone and thus any data that uses the Vodafone signal will come out of your allowance.

The point John makes is the right one. Don't use mobile data at all - use Wi Fi. The Sure Signal is actually designed first and foremost for receiving and making phone calls and sending and receiving texts in areas where there is a poor signal.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png