Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Don't seem to be able to add my second phone

annybee
4: Newbie

I've just set up my Sure Signal and it's working fine but I have two phones on vodafone contract at the moment and it wont let me add the second phone. 

I am getting two error messages, the first one telling me I have already set up that user, but the second one is telling me that it must be a mobile phone number beginning with 07 and having 11 characters (which it has!!!!)

OK, my questions are, is it not possible to add two phones in the same name, and why won't it accept the vodafone phone number?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, that kind of makes sense.

I put the sim card in a different phone (a similar smart phone) and now it works??

I think you can close this one now and thank you for your time :Smiling:

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi annybee,

Please can you try and enter a different user name to see if this works.

If not, please pop your details over to my team here, then we can test this for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi there

This problem isn't solved. I had a phone call from a gentleman from support but I couldn't understand what he was saying so I gave up. I think he was trying to tell me I couldn't have 2 phones with the same name but not sure.

anyway, the probolem I have is that I can't add my own phone number to the device that is registered in my name. I get two messages, neither of which make sense.

The first one is telling me I can only add users that have a valid mobile number (which it is)

and the 2nd message tells me that user is already set up on this sure signal (which it isn't, well, not the number anyway)

My name is already set up on the Sure Signal because I have a second phone which I use which is registered on my husbands account. I have tried changing this to a different name but still I get the same message.

Can someone help please? It's driving me nute now - I literally have no signal at home without the Sure Signal working! It's most frustrating :smileyembarrassed:

Hi annybee,

Can you confirm if you have registered the Sure Signal using an online account that is registered against the number you’re trying to add?

If yes, this will already be on the Sure Signal as the owner but it won’t show up on the access control list.

If not, have you recently ported your number over to us?

James

OK, that kind of makes sense.

I put the sim card in a different phone (a similar smart phone) and now it works??

I think you can close this one now and thank you for your time :Smiling: