cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email 'Sure Signal Suspended' but still active/working???

Nokk
4: Newbie

Hi

Our SS3 has been constantly connected for nearly a year . However, my wife has rece'd an email saying that the SS has been suspended due to inactivity??...currently it is on and connected but will no longer allow management of the device on the vodafone site ie. can add/remove numbers

What is going on?. Clearly i'm not going to disconnect it to look for serial numbers etc as it probably wont reconnect and i had weeks of issues getting connected in the first place.

Thanks Nokk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eyebrox
3: Seeker

Same happened to me today. Turns out my SS was registered under an old mobile number. This mobile was a company one which I no longer possess. When I changed phones I simply added my new number to my Sure Signal account. Vodafone terminated the service because the SS hadn't been contacted by the old mobile number for more than a year. To sort it, I had to reregister under the new mobile number. You effectively have to start again. One stumbling block was my email address - the site kept telling me there was already an account with that address. I ended up using aniother email address. The whole Vodafone experience is a nightmare. Try phoning and you will end up in despair.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Eyebrox

Same happened to me today. Turns out my SS was registered under an old mobile number. This mobile was a company one which I no longer possess. When I changed phones I simply added my new number to my Sure Signal account. Vodafone terminated the service because the SS hadn't been contacted by the old mobile number for more than a year. To sort it, I had to reregister under the new mobile number. You effectively have to start again. One stumbling block was my email address - the site kept telling me there was already an account with that address. I ended up using aniother email address. The whole Vodafone experience is a nightmare. Try phoning and you will end up in despair.

whitesurf36
Had the same email on Wednesday 21st Jan stating my Sure Signal was suspended due to inactivity. This is a nonsense because my number is a business line so it's used every single day and has worked great for the past couple of years. Contacted Vodafone straight away and they said they would reset it their end and should be ok in ten minutes. However, still no signal two days later and probably losing customers as we speak.

Tried resetting it on several occasions but still no joy. Even reregistered the Sure Signal thinking this might help and waited 24 hours but still no signal. Can any of the tech guys help me out on here please because a customer who can't contact me is really bad for business. Hanging out the window in this weather isn't an option.

SS: 21228590705 (version 1) just have a solid light 1 and a flashing light 2

Many thanks

Matt

Hi @whitesurf36

I’ve sent you a private message here, with how to send us your details.

Thanks,

Rodney

Update: it's now the 30th Jan, so that's 9 days my business has had no signal. Feel like throwing the towel in to be honest and going with a network that values its customers ( if they exist,). No help from customers services and very little help from the tech guys on here. Sure Signal worked perfectly until they suspended it. How difficult can it be to fix. If it's not on by tomorrow the old PAC code request will be coming their way. Will Vodafone care, probably not but it'll make me feel better.

Hi @whitesurf36

I can see it's registered successfully, so once the above steps have been followed please perform a reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

If this still isn’t working can you let us know the light sequence you can see.

Cheers,

Laura

Hallelujah! I have a full signal. Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks Laura, back to normal now.

Matt

Hello,

I am having problems with my Suresignal again.  I don't know what Vodafone are play at, but the Signal in our area (TS26 9LG) is totally rubbish and I relied on this as I'm disabled and it's made sure if I wasn't near our house phone, I could call or text people from my mobile, which I carry all the time.  I noticed a few weeks ago that the 3G singal on my phone was bad, as I was cut off from calls.  On checking the suresignal and resetting it, but today I check my account and it informed me that it was suspended.  I clicked the re-activate button on the page, entered the Serial number and it then informed me it was registered elsewhere and I would need to contact them and transfer use to myself.  This is rubbish, as I have had this for years and 3 times Vodafone have suspended it without notice.  Last time there system would not re-activate it and you had to send another unit out.

I don't know why this is happening, as my phone is near the unit most of the day and if I don't receive calls/text, I still text, call or access the internet, which should use the suresignal.

I have notice over the last few months that on your contact page, the email option has been removed and the chat option is always busy.  For a company of your size, I would say this is really bad after sales service.  I pay £33 + £5 Family & Friends a month and for this cost should be getting a perfect signal 24/7 with or without the suresignal.  I am due an upgrade from next month, but an really thinking of leaving Vodafone because of the bad signal and customer service.  I was informed 5 years ago their was work going on in our area (also Seaton Carew, Fenton Road & Headland) of Hartlepool to improve the signal, but the only thing that has happened is that it's gotten worse.

I also hope by re-activating my suresignal, if you can at some point, you don't expect to tie me into another 12 or 24 month contract.  This is Vodafone's fault and it needs dealing with ASAP.

Thanks

Ian

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ish68

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Sarah