Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emails & text messages every day about stopping my Sure Signal service

greyhound82
4: Newbie

Hi,

For the past week I've been receiving emails and text messages from Vodafone every day, saying that my Sure Signal 40120925991 is being stopped through lack of use.  I've checked and this isn't my Sure Signal serial number, and I use my Sure Signal box every day, so why am I receiving these notices?  Can they please be stopped?

Thanks,

Graham.

6 REPLIES 6

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Did you have an old Sure Signal?

I had this recently, although not every day, and eventually you get a message satying the device has been stopped and the messages stop as well.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi,

I had a V2 Sure Signal which was unregistered from my account over a year ago - surely these messages can't be referring to that one?  I sold that box so somebody else would have been using it for the past year.

Thanks,

Graham.

jeffkinn

It would be that one yes. Whether it will affect the old box you sold or not I don't know but I doubt it as they as postcode dependent. Customer services will be able to tell you that.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

You can use Live Chat and they should be able to reslove this for you although the Vodafone Tech Team that monitor these boards are probably best placed to sort out the problem for you.

One of the Team will pick up your post when they see it and advise what you need to do,

I used Live Chat yesterday and was told that the old box had now been unregistered from my account, which should stop the messages... but then at 8am this morning I received the same text and email again.

If anybody on the tech team is monitoring, please could you take a look?  I still have 5 months left to run on my contract and don't want to have to delete these every day.

Thanks very much,

Graham.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@greyhound82 We'll need to check this for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.