Solution

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

StuartBrian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

keep getting this error message when trying to register my sure signal 

anybody help 

62 REPLIES 62

I think there is nothing wrong with my Sure Signal box - I think the problem is and has always been with Vodafone.

They admitted it already - and they say they fixed it - but not for my box - and now we are 5 months later and still nothing.

Hi kirklauf,

Please can you make sure that the IPSEC setting has been selected on the router settings?

Cheers,

Laura

OK - now then - hope you can be a bit more specific as to what you mean?

I have a Netgear D6300 router - where do you think I should select the IPSEC setting on this?

I've checked and double checked and still cannot find it?

As far as I have read up on this since you mentioned it - is only when you setup a VPN connection.

But I have no VPN connections setup and also - it has worked earlier this year with the same settings as I have today.

Await your answer.....

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

In or around the VPN settings, are there any options for VPN Passthrough, or to disable the VPN services on the router for IPSec (and maybe PPTP as well for good measure?)

The router may not be passing on all of the traffic - thinking it is for it's own VPN termination rather than destined for the suresignal/vodafone.

No VPN's have or are setup on the router.
Since trying to resolve this, one of the options I've setup (remember this has been done after I've already did not get a connection) - I've told the router to reserve a static IP address for the Sure Signal's MAC Address.

Then I setup a temporary DMZ zone to that IP address - and this also has made no difference either.

No matter what I do it just will not connect.

I'm sure you guys again need to do something again.

My IP address now is: 86.131.245.140

And I will  not reboot the router - please let me know if you managed to upload or talk to the unit??? 

grolschuk

Even though you don't have any VPNs setup, if the router is capiable of accepting vpn connections, it is normally configured to be ready to do so.

Hence asking if there is a passthrough option to enable to let the router know that it shouldn't be expecting to terminate any vpn traffic and to let it pass through to the final destination (which in this case will be vodafone)

If the option isn't there then it isn't there, so something else must be stopping the thing from connecting.

Any firmware updates available for the router at all?

Yes - I have the latest firmware installed on this Netgear R6300 router.

Also - remember - it did work before on this router - I have it for the last year.

And I have also had this Sure Signal connected to another router somewhere else - and left it overnight - and it also did not connect.

Vodafone won't let me have another unit to test and I will not buy one until I know the unit is at fault - which incidentally I do not think it is.

Also the Vodafone engineer told me that they have stopped doing this because it usually was not the unit itself.

Trust me - I would not be with Vodafone if I had the choice - they have done absolutely nothing - zilch for all the years that I have this unit to improve the signal. And why should they if they have us paying for these units.

Lets face - if they had been up to it technically they would have already overtaken BT and most people would no longer have landlines - so BT is happy they are this way.

But they are still living on the 20 Billion they paid for the frequencies to Gordon Brown and still hoping the get their money back somehow on there outdated 3G system.

Hope I don't sound sour or bitter - hahaha

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kirklauf,

Please test your Sure Signal at another location (a friend or family member’s) as this will help determine if there is a fault with the Sure Signal itself, or your connection.

Thanks,

Jenny

Have already done this - no joy - and not just for an hour - I left it overnight to make sure it had enough time to connect. We are going round in circles now - but I suppose you know how to string your customers along.

I'm no longer expecting you to resolve it - I'm getting used to not using my phone at home for work and I've already let everyone know to ring my home number.

Its been since june. Lets face it - with your conduct - I've lost all my trust in vodafone.

Never mind, I'm only a customer - and I suppose they are a nuisance.

Well hello you technical people at Vodafone.

As I need connection I've made the decision and bought a version 2 sure signal because I read that version 3 is not very good and does not go far in distance.

De-registered my "faulty" version 1 sure signal - and registered the new version 2 sure signal.

And guess what - still not working - been on for hours now and nothing - nada - zilch - 0.

I did expect that my version 1 was not faulty now that version 2 also does not connect.

But hey - not all is lost - we have the TECHNICAL people from VODAFONE who should be able to help?

After all - they not been able to help yet - but wonders are not out of the world yet - and maybe another technical Vodafone Engineer may throw some light on this rediculous situation.

Here we are - we not only pay extra for the unit - to get a better signal that they should provide in the first place - and then they do not know how to fix the problem and leave it all to the customer as well to fix.

Great job Vodafone - you know how to screw you customer and make money with it as well - good job.

Having said all of above - it would be great if you could try? Pretty please - you guys are sooo good.

Please?????? Help?????????