Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Error message when registering Sure Signal online

epiphany
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone - you really need to sort the SS part of your website out. It's getting ridiculous.

My Sure Signal was registered online no problems about 3 weeks ago. However, at the start of this week I logged in to add a new number and it showed as unregistered.

So I thought I may as well re-register. This is the message I have been getting for the past week...

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [2d1]

After 4 chat conversations with tech support, nothing has been done to resolve this issue. I still can't get into my SS account to add/remove numbers.

Strangely, my phone is still connecting to the box, which suggests it is registered, but ever since my partner returned from holiday her number hasn't been connecting.

I have reset the box countless times. Tech support have added her number several times. Nothing.

I just want to be able to login to my SS account and see for myself what numbers are added. If my partner's number is indeed on there, then there is perhaps another problem. But I guess the two may be related (SS appearing to be unregistered and one of the numbers not connecting).

11 REPLIES 11

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there @epiphany

There does appear to be an ongoing issue with the SureSignal device.  There have been reports from other users who've also not been able to manage the device online. I'm afraid that it will be a case of waiting for Vodafone to sort out the issue and deliver a long term fix for this problem.

In the meantime, please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as it has links to the key things you can do to try and resolve the issues you are experiencing

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @epiphany

I can certainly understand the frustration you maybe feeling over not being able to acces your Sure Signal Dashboard. 

There has been recent issues where people couldn't access this.

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@epiphany I've just tested this section within the My Vodafone page and it worked fine. 

Please can you try again on an alternative web browser and clear your cache and cookies. 

Thanks for the replies. I have tried to access SS on other browsers and it still appears as unregistered. When I go to register, it comes up with the error message again.

I understand things go wrong occasionally. But why does tech support tell me "24-48 hours" when they clearly can't be certain of the time frame for fixing this?

We are away right now, but I am hoping upon return my partner's number will be working with the SS unit. In my last two chats, tech support confirmed that the two numbers were added (mine, which works and my partner's which doesn't).

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@epiphany Please let us know how you get on when you return from your holiday. 

Hi Sukhi, My signal is still fine and connected as soon as I walked through the front door. Unfortunately my partner's phone is still not connecting.

Still showing as unregistered online.

Do you think these two issues might be related? I'm unsure whether to contact support about the first issue or wait for the second to be resolved first. Thanks.

Just a quick update. I contacted customer services again via chat (5th time) and the representative told me they had made some changes to my account and to wait 30-35 minutes.

Waited an hour. Logged in. Went to the SS page. Still showing unregistered. Still showing the error message when I try to register.

I read somewhere that customers can be put in touch with 3rd level support. Please can you PM me the contact details? I am getting nowhere with chat.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@epiphany So that we can take a closer look at what's happening please provide your serial number as well as the details below:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Sukhi

Thanks Sukhi. Here you go...

Download Speed: 15.77 Mbps

Upload Speed: 0.90 Mbps

Ping: 36 ms

Jitter: 2 ms

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 24 ms 22 ms 22 ms 217.41.217.77
5 22 ms 23 ms 22 ms 213.120.181.238