Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty SureSignal V3 40124249372

pinchick
3: Seeker

My SureSignal V3 hasn't worked at home for a couple of weeks and  I've reset it about 10 times. I've also tried it on the two networks I have at home - on one networks it has a power flashing & solid amber service light. When I switch it over to a different network - it errors with solid red with @ flashing. Before I did all the tests you usually need, I wanted to try it at a different address. So I've brought it to my business address today. I've unregistered and registered to my business address. I am now am still gettinng solid red with @ flashing.  Me thinks the unit us faulty! The serial number of the unit is: 40124249372.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

chris_flanaghan1 - That's great news! Drop us a line if it does go down in the future.

pinchick - Those details all look fine.

I've given the Sure Signal a resync, so can you try resetting it for me again? This time, follow these steps:

• Disconnect the Ethernet cable.
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • Reconnect the cable.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Dave

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinchick, 

I'm not too sure what it would show as. Leave it with me and I'll come back to you asap. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinchick, 

It wouldn't have a device name but it should show the MAC address of the Sure Signal in your router settings. 

For some reason it was showing a location change failed so I've updated this to make sure this isn't causing any issues. 

Can you let me know if this has worked? You may need to do another reset. 

Thanks, 

Kay

pinchick
Just wondering when I might get a response as I submitted a new set of tests a few days ago. The SS hasn't connected once since last week. Any update would be appreciated.

pinchick
Hi Kay

I did yet another reset yesterday and left it until this morning to see if I got reconnected. But still nothing. I thought these devices should be plug and play? Did you look at my last set of test results? Now what please. I can't tell you how disruptive this is for me trying to run my business with no adequate mobile signal...

pinchick
I've also reset my postcode as I keep getting email notifications about it. I'm probably on about my 50th reset now. Still nothing. Terrible.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinchick

I can see you’re tried all the steps that we've recommend, the next would be a repair as it sounds like the SS may be faulty.

Thanks

Sukhi

pinchick
Sukhi

Please advise how I go about doing that please?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinchick, 

You can find more information on arranging a repair here.

Thanks,

Kay