Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty SureSignal V3 40124249372

pinchick
3: Seeker

My SureSignal V3 hasn't worked at home for a couple of weeks and  I've reset it about 10 times. I've also tried it on the two networks I have at home - on one networks it has a power flashing & solid amber service light. When I switch it over to a different network - it errors with solid red with @ flashing. Before I did all the tests you usually need, I wanted to try it at a different address. So I've brought it to my business address today. I've unregistered and registered to my business address. I am now am still gettinng solid red with @ flashing.  Me thinks the unit us faulty! The serial number of the unit is: 40124249372.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

chris_flanaghan1 - That's great news! Drop us a line if it does go down in the future.

pinchick - Those details all look fine.

I've given the Sure Signal a resync, so can you try resetting it for me again? This time, follow these steps:

• Disconnect the Ethernet cable.
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • Reconnect the cable.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Dave

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

Hi pinchick,

It’s unusual that your Sure Signal worked briefly and then stopped again.

You’ve mentioned that you have two networks; do they both use the same external internet connection?

If they do, are there multiple devices sharing the available bandwidth which may affect the Sure Signal’s connection?

To confirm that the unit isn’t faulty, can you try it on a different internet connection such as that of a friend or family member?

If it works fine there, it suggests there’s something in your current set up that’s preventing the Sure Signal from keeping a stable connection to our servers.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

pinchick
Hi Andrew. It's one provider. Two networks as my house if over three floors to wireless won't get through the whole house. It started working again. What's occurring!?

Hi pinchick,

It’s great news that the Sure Signal is now working again.

The issue may have been related to maintenance work being done by your ISP.

They’d be able to confirm this if you contact them.

I’ve checked your serial number and it’s still not updated since 9 November.

Try another reset and let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

pinchick
Hi

The SS settled down and has working one for a few days. I just added a new person to it, an it has just switched to the previous fault at exactly the same time I added a user. What's going on please!? This is getting silly!!!!

Hi pinchick,

I can see your Sure Signal connected to our servers at 19:35 yesterday, is it now working properly again for you?

To make sure it’s as up-to-date as possible, I’ve just resynced the Sure Signal for you.

So that the resync completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

If this doesn’t fix things for you, can you let me know what light sequence you’re seeing?

Thanks,

Andrew

pinchick
Hi Andrew

I did another reset yesterday (about the 20th I've done over the last month now sigh). It came back to life. But tonight has dropped out again. This is getting really tedious. I have a business account and can't use my mobile. Now what?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pinchick,

Thanks for the update. As Andrew mentioned above, could you let us know the light sequence you see?

Also are you able to test the Sure Signal on a friend, neighbour or relatives internet connections for an hour or so to help us narrow down a problem with the unit or your internet connection?

Many thanks, Ben

pinchick
Hi Ben. Red flashing light and solid orange world symbol. As per my first post I took it to work and it wouldn't connect there either. Fed up now :Sad_face:

Hi pinchick,

I can see your Sure Signal hasn’t connected to our servers since 23 November.

I also noticed that a location move had been detected so I’ve updated the system to remove this message.

The fact that you’re getting an intermittent service leads me to believe that it may be connection related.

Can you check to see that the following ports are forwarded on your router:-

Port Number

8          TCP      UDP    

50         TCP      UDP    

53         TCP      UDP      

67                     UDP                                                                

68                     UDP                                        

123                   UDP    

500                   UDP    

1723     TCP      UDP    

4500                 UDP    

33434 - 33445    UDP    

If this doesn’t help, try a different Ethernet cable with the Sure Signal.

Another option for you is to try a different router on your connection.

Thanks,

Andrew

I've got a brand new top of the range router so I know it's not that. I've done the test again and here are the results:

Download speed: 3.4

Upload speed: 0.62

Ping test site: unavailable

IP address: 92.27.175.214

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1   2    29 ms    28 ms    28 ms  host-62-24-255-15.as13285.net [62.24.255.15]   3    37 ms    37 ms    37 ms  host-78-151-225-23.static.as13285.net [78.151.2 5.23]   4    39 ms    38 ms    37 ms  host-78-151-229-24.as13285.net [78.151.229.24]   5    38 ms    39 ms    39 ms  host-78-144-8-177.as13285.net [78.144.8.177]   6    46 ms    44 ms    44 ms  host-78-144-8-39.as13285.net [78.144.8.39]   7    49 ms    47 ms    46 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]   8    45 ms    44 ms    45 ms  85.205.116.14   9     *        *        *     Request timed out.  10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Also,, i have the SS plugged into the router  and am looking at the DHCP lease list and I cannot spot it on there.  Would the device have a device name on a DHCP server?