Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware Update SureSignal V1

cggardiner
4: Newbie

Hello

I gather I need a firmware update for this box..Will not connect phones

3 green solid lights. Good network speed and connection. All required ports opened.

Serial is 21229792029  Sagem Box

Resync successful.. but still no comnnection to phones

Thanks... in hope..

cggardiner

38 REPLIES 38

OK... But thanks, anyway, Jenny.

Still working and very pleased!

Thanks and regards

Case closed, I would say!

CGG

Back again..

Regrettably the service died Sat 6th mid afternoon, and has not reconnected.

No changes at this end, and DSL Internet still OK..

I have rebooted the router and the SureSignal yesterday evening. Lights 12 4 OK.. but no luck with Light 3

A shame, it was all fine last week Thurs.Fri and Sat AM..

Perhaps it may re-connect Monday??

I was just getting used to a good signal!

Thanks

CGG

Having been off-air with no signal for a week, I tried this in a neighbour's house, as reuqested a while back....

All 3 lights on, !,2, 4.  But still no signal on phone..and no flashing 3rd light

I assume the box has failed??

If I buy a new v3 box and it does not work, also, can I return that for refund?? Meaning that your system does not work in my area - I assume..

Thanks

CGG

Hi cggardiner,

We recommend trying the Sure Signal at a different post code from your own address.

You get a 14 day cooling off period after making the purchase.

There's more information about buying one here.

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks, Ian for the posting..

I did try the suresignal V1 elsewhere, and have the text messages from suresignal to prove the move to a differentr location registered on your site(!).. But still no phone connection at all.

The fact I have a 14 day cooling off period is good, as I can return it if no connection on a new v3 one..

Should I leave the V1 connected in the meantime - in case it bursts into life here at home now??

Thanks!

CGG

Hi cggardiner,

You can leave the old version plugged in until the new Vodafone Sure Signal comes along, as long it’s arranged within the 14 days cooling off period.

Cheers,

Laura

Tried the Sure Signal in a different town and a different ISP.  No change - lights 1, 2 & 4 lit but nothing on 3 at anytime.

Can I asume the SS is unserviceable and I require a new one - not impressed.

Thanks

CG

Hi crazygolfer,

If the Vodafone Sure Signal is less than 24 months old we can take a look at this under warranty see here.

If it is older you’ll have to look at buying a new Sure Signal, see here.

Cheers,

Laura

At £100 I don't think I will bother, I will put the money towards buying myself out of my Vodafone contract and go with someone else that can actually provide me with a decent signal. Without the Sure Signal I have no signal what so ever inside my house and it's not much improved outside.  I get virtually no signal at work so there is no point in staying with Vodafone.

Saw this review the other day on the Sure Signal, which is spot on:

"So, to clarify, you're paying Vodafone for your mobile contract, you pay for this device and for the power for this device and for the broadband which provides this device with the bandwidth to cover the holes in Vodafone's network. It's a smashing deal for them, and once you're stuck on a two-year contract you'll have little choice but to use it". 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crazygolfer,

So we can check where the fault is, please provide the results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD