Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing red power light, stable orange internet light

sue_joy
4: Newbie

Hello,

My VSS has been working fine now for some time, until today - now the power light is flashing red and the internet light is stable orange. I have done a reset, and for a time the power light was constant red and the internet light flashing white, only to revert to the flashing red and stable orange after a few minutes. I have checked my router config and all ok there. Please can you help.

My VSS serial no. is 40131560225

IP Address of Kcom 213.249.174.212

Using a ZyXEL router

Dowload speed 6.46 Mbps

Upload speed   0.42 Mbps

Ping                47ms with Jitter 3ms

Was unable to provide traceroute - 'tracert' unrecognised as a command!!! I have done these before so can not understand this.

Thank you for your help in the past, and hope you can help now.

Sue.

12 REPLIES 12

protect777
2: Seeker

How much of a coincidence is this????

The very same thing has happened to mine today.

It suggests to me that this is a problem at Vodafone's end but they don't exactly seem eager to resolve it.

I've spent ages on the phone to the "Tech Team" trying to get it sorted out but to no avail.

£100 for a unit that works when it feels like it and technical back-up with no bloody idea at all!!

At least ThreeMobile GIVE their units to you FOR FREE!

Davecih

mine has started doing the same this evening. tried turning it off for a couple of hours as quite hot. turned back on and no change

Yup same here. Absolutely crackered without phone.
Most irritating thing is no help at all from vodafone and as for their 24/7 online help??? Yeah right. Is that not false advertising?

How hard would it be to put a notice up saying they are having a problem if that is the case in stead of having people mess about for hours? I had other plans that went out the window as I've just wasted my night trying to sort a problem that is probably at their end... This would be more acceptable than closing down any method of contacting them and would reduce frustration as people try repeatedly to fix something they probably can't. Grow some balls vodafone... Say there is a problem and stop people wasting their time and becoming more upset. Unbelievable.

Thanks vodafone for wasting my night and my sons.

bobin

Have a sure signal 3 playing up for 2  weeks droping out  when making calls and when not in use re set time and time againe no one at Vphone wants to help over the phone all they do is refer you to the online help.

Below are the basic details hope you can help as this is going back if not sorted soon,been working fined unitll Vphone had network problems done all the normal re sets time and time againe.

Most of the time after a fail red light flashing web light solid. sugested info as below,

(Serial number: 40123667236)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3069878519

http://www.pingtest.net/result/88622030.png

IP 81.155.36.161

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     4 ms     3 ms     3 ms  BTHomeHub.home [192.168.1.254]

2     7 ms     7 ms     6 ms  217.32.141.146

3    10 ms    10 ms     9 ms  217.32.141.222

4    11 ms    11 ms     9 ms  217.41.216.194

5    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  31.55.164.215

6    33 ms    16 ms    10 ms  31.55.164.109

7    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  acc2-10GigE-0-7-0-6.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.

248.214]

8    15 ms    15 ms    27 ms  core2-te0-3-0-2.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.24

8.148]

9    43 ms    14 ms    14 ms  acc1-10GigE-0-5-0-7.l-far.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.1

59.254.110]

10    19 ms    14 ms    39 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

11    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  85.205.116.10

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Had got it working but about midday today during a call VSS drop out agine re set time and tme againe and having the same problem as al others who have posted on this one to day.

Well, after calling Vodafone twice, battling through their seemingly inpenetrable "Automated Service Line" and finally discovering that everyone who supposedly knows what's what had gone home at 20:00hrs, I spent a further 3 hours rebooting, unplugging and reconnecting before finally giving up and going to bed.

Thankfully I awoke this morning to find the damn thing working again.

It wasn't working at around 03:00hrs when I woke up and looked at my phone but it is now.

My guess is that something went ######-up with their system but I suspect we will never get to know what or why or even get an apology for the hassle it caused.

Even more difficult is trying to log on to this forum which seems to require me to reset my password EVERYTIME I try.

My current contract runs out in a month or so and I will be SO happy to kick Vodafone into touch for good.

TOTAL SHOWER!!!!! 

Back on againe not sure how long this will last see post from "About A1000"  adds a bit of light to the probelm an this is from a layman why ar Vhone not being as informative as this.

sue_joy

VSS working properly again now, but would have been nice if Vodafone had let us know that there was a problem from their end so that so many of us weren't wasting our time trying in vain to get it working last night. Vodafone, you should have a space on your website to tell your customers when there is any sort of problem with your network. Please consider this. Several of the above contributers have shown that they will be looking to change to a different network when their contract comes up for renewal!!!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

I’m sorry to see the problems you had but I’m pleased this is back up and running now.

sue_joy, thanks for your suggestion about a page to notify people if updates are being carried out. I’ll pass this on. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny 

Being "Sorry" is all very commendable but helps none of your Customers and does absolutely nothing to resolve any of our issues.

In my humble opinion being "Sorry" is nothing more than a lame excuse for doing #### all and leaving us to it.

I suggest that Vodafone do something:

1. To prevent this kind of occurrence happening in the first place.

2. Do as Sue suggests and make an effort to keep its paying Customers informed if and when things do go wrong.

That way perhaps you and your peers would have nothing to feel "Sorry" about.

Personally, I'm "Sorry" that I have committed good money to a Service Provider that provides such poor service.

I still cannot believe that in this day and age WE are having to pay YOU for equipment that has been designed to compensate for the poor quality service that YOU are providing.

These things should be FOC as they are with ThreeMobile.

At least they have the decency to recognise their shortcomings and do something about it!