Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing/steady power light, no other lights lit

Hellison
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have not used my SS V1 for sometime (over 12 months) but now need to use it I have new router and local broadband speeds have been improved, so I tried to set it up again but no luck. Every time I reset, I get a solid power light but then it reverts to flashing power light only with no other lights. Ethernet cable seems to be okay with green power light on and intermittent lighting of yelow data light.

ISP:Plusnet

Router: Technicolor TG582n

SS V1 Serial No: 21224340089

Recent line sped test

Ping: 26

Download: 5.42 Mbps

Upload: 0.37Mbps

Does it need a re-synch from your end?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sukhi

The reason why the unit was not updated is that, after it stopped working reliably, I contacted Vodafone and after many circular conversations with Vodafone, Plusnet and BT, I was told that there was a problem with the line upload speed. Apparently, the SSv1 needs a min upload speed of 0.35Mbps (?) and I was told the line was not consisently providing that............However, I thought this was strange as the unit had been working fine before for quite a while before this

I contacted the Tech Team in Nov 2011 over the same issue but was told then to go through the reset procedures ( I asume the unit should have been re-syched at that time?) but that didn't work and Vodafone says they couldn't help and so did Plusnet and BT (again!).....Everytime it has been somebody else's problem and no one has taken responbility to help fix the problem.

Now that our telephone line has been upgraded and I try again to get the serivce that I thought I had paid for when buying the Sure Signal (as there is no time limit to its use) you tell me it's too late..............how is this good customer service? This is very frustrating....!

If the v1 unti I have is not capable of being upgraded surely (as a minimum) I should be encouraged to buy a new unit with a discount? I realise this may not be within your control, but please can you tell who is

Regards

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Hellison

I've checked your serial number and that unit hasn't updated with our servers since 28/09/2011. After such a length of time has elapsed, the unit will suspend. 

As it's been so long since the suspension was placed, I'm afraid we’re unable to remove this.

Thanks

Sukhi

Sukhi

The reason why the unit was not updated is that, after it stopped working reliably, I contacted Vodafone and after many circular conversations with Vodafone, Plusnet and BT, I was told that there was a problem with the line upload speed. Apparently, the SSv1 needs a min upload speed of 0.35Mbps (?) and I was told the line was not consisently providing that............However, I thought this was strange as the unit had been working fine before for quite a while before this

I contacted the Tech Team in Nov 2011 over the same issue but was told then to go through the reset procedures ( I asume the unit should have been re-syched at that time?) but that didn't work and Vodafone says they couldn't help and so did Plusnet and BT (again!).....Everytime it has been somebody else's problem and no one has taken responbility to help fix the problem.

Now that our telephone line has been upgraded and I try again to get the serivce that I thought I had paid for when buying the Sure Signal (as there is no time limit to its use) you tell me it's too late..............how is this good customer service? This is very frustrating....!

If the v1 unti I have is not capable of being upgraded surely (as a minimum) I should be encouraged to buy a new unit with a discount? I realise this may not be within your control, but please can you tell who is

Regards

Hi Hellison,

Unfortunately we can’t discount the Sure Signals any further as we already make a loss of £150 on every unit that we sell.

I’ve double checked the serial number and it’s still showing as active so there shouldn’t be any problems.

As you’ve had a new router we need to make sure that everything is setup correctly.

To do this, please try the following.

Check that your Sure Signal has been assigned an internal IP address by your router.

The Sure Signal must be assigned an internal IP address by your router. If your router supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), this must be enabled as doing so will enable the router to assign an IP address to your Sure Signal automatically.

For more instructions on how to do this, please check your router manual or contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

If your router or network configuration doesn’t allow DHCP, you’ll need to assign a static IP address to your Sure Signal's MAC Address by using your router's configuration panel. Please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for instructions on how to do this. The MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the Sure Signal.

Check your MTU settings.

Log into your router admin page and find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model so you’ll need to look for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500.

Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding.
In most cases, routers support a system called Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), which sets up port-forwarding for you automatically. If you’ve got a complicated network setup, or a complex router, you may need to enter these settings manually.

Please see the following for a list of IP addresses and port numbers that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Destination IP Addresses:
212.183.131.128/26

Ports and Protocols:
Port 50 - TCP/IP
Port 4500 - UDP
Port 500 - UDP
Port 123 - UDP

Port 8 - TCP/IP

Port 1723 (BT customers only) - TCP/UDP

Please note that in the above list of IP addresses, the notation "212.183.131.128/26" means the complete range of IP addresses between 212.183.131.128 and 212.183.131.191

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

James