You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ams99

Re: Unable to receive calls or sms on Desire

Bingo.

Thank you Mr Fabulous.

All systems are now working.

Quite bizarre how all this has unravelled. I popped onto this site just on the offchance before going to throw my teddies out at the retail outlet!!

Message 121 of 366 (10,260 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
sewell298

Unable to receive calls or texts.

Had postcode issue recently which vodafone rectified & resynced. Ever since I can not receive calls or texts. This issue is with 2 phones connected through sure signal. work ok when I am out of house. Have done hard reset of VSS & Router.

VSS : 21224518965

Orange Broadband

download speed 6.30Mbps

Upload 0.344Mbps

Message 122 of 366 (9,751 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Re: Unable to receive calls or texts.

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Message 123 of 366 (9,749 Views)
sewell298

Done troubleshooting. Nothing there that helps. Just need someone to look into the SAC setting that was changed recently.

E-mailing does not give any helpful answers.

Phoning just gets passed from place to place. Nobody seems sure what to do as usual. I can only reset my sure signal so many times.

Message 124 of 366 (9,724 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi sewell298,

Thanks for you post here.

I have taken a look at the Sure Signal registration and from what I can see everything looks fine.

However, as you are having issues receiving calls and texts then it is unlikely to be an SAC issue as this would normally only affect outgoing calls and messages.

Can I ask if the Sure Signal is showing and different light sequences?

Are the phones picking any 3G signal up from the Sure Signal?

What phones are you using that have the issue?

If you can let me know I will be able to look into this further for you

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 125 of 366 (9,709 Views)
sewell298

The lights on the Sure Signal are normal.

I get full 3G signal strength with Sure Signal on. Weak signal in this area with it off.

Both phones are HTC Desire.

Both work when out of the house & not routed through sure signal.

Fault started when Vodafone changed my SAC. It was set to a different area & now set for my postcode area.

Message 126 of 366 (9,687 Views)
sewell298

Think I have fixed the problem. Apparantly it is a known issue with Vodafone.

Had to change my postcode to ST1 5GP. Leave for 10 mins then change postcode back again.

Will see how it goes now.

Message 127 of 366 (9,681 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi sewell298,

Many thanks for the update, it's good to hear you've resolved your query. If you do have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Andy

Message 128 of 366 (9,674 Views)
DarrenPauls

Sure Signal looks all fine but I can't receive calls.

I have the 4 light model. When at home it's completely connected with 1, 2 and 4 lights on. I can dial out fine, use 3G fine and send texts fine. However, when someone tries to call me or text me it says my phone is unavailable and I don't receive texts. I have tried shifting the sure signal onto another router and tried resetting and tried resetting my phone.

This happened to me about 4 months ago and it was do to the service being down. The tweet team have said there are no reported outages this time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 129 of 366 (9,606 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Re: Sure Signal looks all fine but I can't receive calls.

Hi DarrenPauls

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Simon

Message 130 of 366 (9,579 Views)
DarrenPauls

I've looked at the troubleshooting guide, none of your troubleshooting points matched my problem hence I posted above. I've been on the phone to somebody who thinks I'm an idiot now for a good 2 hours on and off. Could someone in your massive organisation take responsibility for my query rather than keep passing me between twitter, call centres and a support person who makes me sit here writing on forums.

I live 5 minutes walk from tottenham court road in the centre of London and I can't receive vodafone signal in my flat. I've also just moved offices to regent st, another place where I can't receive signal anymore and despite me telling you that 5'000 staff are moving into that building over the next 4 months, of which probably 30% took your corporate offer over 18 months ago, and will be moving into the building to find they have no signal and probably switching to a network (of which there are 2) which does receive excellent signal. You decide I should fill in a form on here Seriously, I'm trying to do you a favour and give you a heads up. I've lost all loyalty to vodafone, your biggest UPA was vodafone passport for me, having just received press of new overseas deals with other networks I can't currently find a reason to stay with you.

I've now sat here for 3 hours resetting the sure signal box, waiting hours for your support people to "reset the settings their end" as well as type codes into my phone and lose all my wifi passwords by resetting my network settings near on 20 times. I call a final time to be told, "oh we are shutting now". My contract is up for renewal with you in 3 months, I always praised you highly but seriously the last couple of months you have been horrific, to say some of my bills are over £200's (due to my working abroad) a month the service has been pretty rubbish.

Can someone either fix my sure signal box and look into signal loss in the centre of London around regent st in the biggest newsroom in Europe or terminate my contract.

Message 131 of 366 (9,545 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
bgs264

No inbound calls or messages when connected to Sure Signal

Hi eForum team

I've got the problem again where I cannot recieve calls (goes straight to voicemail) or text messages, though I can make calls and send SMS fine.

I tried this trick of changing the postcode to ST1 5GP, wating 10 minutes, and changing it back again - it has worked in the past though it hasn't worked for me this time around.

The standard troubleshooting hasn't helped. The lights are normal.

Can someone help? My serial number is: 21231542222

Is this related to the older sure signal only? My mate has got one of the newer, smaller boxes and has never had this problem though it has affected me a few times now. Is there any upgrade path? Thanks :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

bgs264

Message 132 of 366 (9,532 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there DarrenPauls,

Thanks for your feedback about your Sure Signal and the local network at your new premises.

Please could I take the VSS serial number from you?

Also, please could you let me know your download and upload speeds using this link?

Could you also provide me with a screenshot of the results from a trace route test?

• On a PC click on Start and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and hit enter/ok
  • In the black box, type tracert 212.183.133.177 and press enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply

I'd also like it if you could provide me with the full postcode of the affected area at your new premises so I can check for any blackspots or localised mast issues that we may be aware of. Have you seen the Faults Board? In the search box you can type in the first half of the affected area's postcode to be shown any issues we're already aware of and investigating.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 133 of 366 (9,493 Views)
Dermot44

Unable to receive calls or texts using Sure Signal.

Hi,

I cannot receive calls or texts using Sure Signal. I have 5 bars on phone - 3G - HTC One X. Just installed Sure Signal yesterday - serial no. 40121433748. No problem making calls. Download = 32.97 mbps - upload = 6.2 mbps

Please advise.

Regards, Dermot 

Message 134 of 366 (9,553 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Re: Unable to receive calls or texts using Sure Signal.

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Message 135 of 366 (9,551 Views)
Dermot44

Hi,

I checked Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread prior to posting - my issue was not listed.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Dermot
Message 136 of 366 (9,547 Views)
Dermot44

All sorted - rang Vodafone - advice I was given that all looked fine from IT side and that it may take up to 24 hrs from registering Sure Signal for to work correctly. Anyway just received a couple of texts and a phone call. So all sweet!

Cheers,
Dermot
Message 137 of 366 (9,538 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
bgs264

Re: No inbound calls or messages when connected to Sure Signal

Hi guys, any ideas?

Message 138 of 366 (9,505 Views)
JesseMoore82

Re: No inbound calls or messages when connected to Sure Signal

Hello,

1) Pull the battery out of your handset (don't power off normally).

2) Turn the SureSignal off

3) Put the battery back in and turn back on.

4) Let the phone register on the normal network

5) Turn the SureSignal on

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Jesse Moore
Information Technology Professional

IF YOU LIKE MY RESPONE, DON'T FORGET TO KUDOS IT! :smileyhappy:

Twitter: jessemooreuk
LinkedIn: jessemoore08

------------------------------
Disclaimer: Advise given by myself is provided without warrranty, for official support please contact Vodafone Customer Services through your usual support channel.
Message 139 of 366 (9,500 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

Thanks for letting us know Dermot! :smileyhappy:

Tom
Message 140 of 366 (9,496 Views)