You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: No inbound calls or messages when connected to Sure Signal

Hi DaveCD,

Thank you for your reply - I've reset my SS but the problem is still there - no incoming voice or texts (I can still make outgoing calls).

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Colin

Message 181 of 377 (14,597 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem. No incoming calls or texts on 3 handsets in the house, we can call out. We have no signal otherwise so can't turn off the VSS.

The VSS was supplied by my wife's work so she can receive calls at home, as a result we don't have access to manage it. Can you check and resync if required. SN = 21197005610

Message 182 of 377 (14,589 Views)

Hi DaveCD

Yes still the exact same :smileysad:  I cant even swtich the sure signal off and go without as then we would get no signal whatsoever so very reliant on the sure signal.  Any help is much apprecaited.

Thanks

Message 183 of 377 (14,585 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the updates here.

@ roserover, I’m pleased to see that your issue has been resolved.

@ CeeGee, I can see that your Sure Signal has updated this morning; please can you restart your phone and let me know if your issue continues?

@ FarNorthRod, Your Sure Signal has also reconnected with our server this morning and should now be working please can you also restart the phone and let us know how you get on.

@ Stewbo, Yours is also the same, please can you restart and let me know how you get on.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 184 of 377 (14,549 Views)

@James

Thanks for the reply - but still no joy here. Calls still go direct to voicemail, texts arrive when I get a network connection when I'm out of the house.

Message 185 of 377 (14,544 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

@James,

Refer to known issues and feature limitations of the Sagem HILO Chip used for the location reporting and communiation to the nearby Cell sites.

http://www.alphamicro.net/franchises/sagemcom/hilonc-v2.aspx

http://www.sagemcom.com/fileadmin/pdf/produits/modules/SAGEM_HiLo_datasheet_LR.pdf

I suspect there could be in some situations an issue with the nearby cell site communication and possible handover from FemToCell and Cell (vise-versa).

What I might do is see if I can monitor the SureSignal's activity by attaching a Serial cable to the circuit board, it's Linux afterall!

NOTE to forum users, to not attempt to try this at home in any way. Highly unrecommended!

Regards,

Jesse Moore
Information Technology Professional

IF YOU LIKE MY RESPONE, DON'T FORGET TO KUDOS IT! :smileyhappy:

Twitter: jessemooreuk
LinkedIn: jessemoore08

------------------------------
Disclaimer: Advise given by myself is provided without warrranty, for official support please contact Vodafone Customer Services through your usual support channel.
Message 186 of 377 (14,535 Views)

Hi James, I've reset both the SS and the 2 mobile handsets - still not able to receive incoming calls on the mobiles. Interestingly though some texts are coming through on an intermittent basis. Should I try removing the handsets then re-assigning them to the SS? Thanks, Colin
Message 187 of 377 (14,521 Views)

Good day my ss has stopped recieving calls and txts working fine have reset the box no change in isp router on anything folks called up and vf said no issues should be working perfect.could someone look at this 

speed test

dl;7mb

up;1mb

serial number off ss

no other users

Thanks greg

Message 188 of 377 (14,488 Views)

Hi, i'd really appreciate help with this issue too!

Not receiving calls or txts in my basement flat for a week or so now and it's really frustrating.

VSS Serial number: 40112896184

Tried the usual rebooting/ resetting of the device but no improvement.

Thanks
Message 189 of 377 (14,485 Views)
Simon
Topics: 709
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 716

Hi All

Thanks for the updates. We're looking further into the reasons why this could be happening for you all so as soon as we have an update we'll be on to update the thread.

Thanks

Simon 

Message 190 of 377 (14,431 Views)

Re: Full signal but can' t receive calls or texts

Same problem for me, full signal but my wife and I can't receive text or calls. Can make outgoing calls and send texts just not receive any, iPhone 3GS and Galaxy 3 II.

Both phones work fine when out of range.

Serial 40120113226 speed test 5.06 down, 0.42 its about 6 months old and worked fine until this.

I've also now switched it off as phones are used for busines, so back to a weak signal for now until resolved. As soon as I switched it off we both received all todays texts.

Biftar

Message 191 of 377 (14,403 Views)

Calls going straight to voicemail with 3G enabled on iPhone 3GS

Hi

After re-setting the time interval on my iPhone 3GS to 10 seconds before calls were diverted to voicemail, now have the situation where the phone does not ring and all calls go directly to voicemail.  I have tried a hard reset on the phone, removing the call divert completely and the only thing that works is switching off the 3G network, which I need to connect to my Sure Signal Box.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Cheers

JimG

Message 192 of 377 (14,365 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi biftar and jimg2247

We have seen another thread regarding this issue which has been resolved by updating the location profile on the Sure Signal.

To do this please can you;

Select manage Sure Signal,

Change the postcode to ST1 5GP,

Leave for 10 minutes,

Change the postcode back to the original one.

This should then resolve the issue however, a re-sync may be required once done which we can do for you if you post us your serial numbers in this thread.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 193 of 377 (14,362 Views)

hello

i have the same issue

full signal , outgoing calls are fine

no incoming texts or phone calls.

trIed reset , new postcode as above

THIS SURE SIGNAL IS USED FOR BUISNESS IN AN OFFICE AND WE ARE MISSING ALL OUR PHONE CALLS.

PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ASAP

SER NUMBER 40113161422

regards

david

Message 194 of 377 (14,338 Views)

postcode thing worked a treat phone is still beeping with large backlog off txts and bvoicemails 

Message 195 of 377 (14,328 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem with mine it connects to the network put doesn't give any signal. Tried the postcode trick network light is on but still no 3G signal.

SN: 40120159559

FYI it's been working fine for around 2 months.

Many Thanks

Message 196 of 377 (14,317 Views)

Hi,

I've tried the postcode location change a couple of times now and no improvement...still got full signal on my phone with no problem making outgoing calls/txts but i cannot receive txts or calls.

I provided my serial no. in my last post...i don think it has been resync'd yet.

Any word on a solution to this problem?

Alan
Message 197 of 377 (14,305 Views)

Hi James

When I try to log into my account I get the message 'Service Pending' which has been the same for several weeks.  If you can allow m einto my account maybe I can try the postcode change to see if that corrects the problem.

Regards

Jimg2247

Message 198 of 377 (14,285 Views)

Mine randomly starting working last night after x 2 hard resets

Message 199 of 377 (14,266 Views)

Hi James, out of desperation I tried your suggestion of changing the registered post code (ST1 5GP). The SS now works normally :smileyhappy:

Can you shed any explanation on this as nothing else has been changed on my system at home?

Is this likely to occur again?

Could it be an intermittent hardware fault in the SS?

Thanks,

Colin

Message 200 of 377 (14,233 Views)