You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Sarie

Full signal but can' t receive calls or texts

Hi,

I've had the Sure Signal device for about 6 months now and it's been working fine for the most part.

However, it's been 2 weeks now where I have had full 3G signal but whenever someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail. It's strange because I can still make calls to other people. Also, I receive delayed texts only once I ring someone or use signal not from the Sure Signal device.

It's not my phone either because when I'm using signal not from the Sure Signal device, I can receive calls and texts as usual. I've tried resetting the Sure Signal device and turning my phone on and off but it hasn't solved the problem.

Please help as it's frustrating that people can't contact me!

Thanks,

Sarah

Message 1 of 377 (24,842 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Re: Full signal but can' t receive calls or texts

Hi Sarie,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Andy

Message 2 of 377 (24,811 Views)
Sarie

Hi Andy,

I have already looked at the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread and searched for threads with similar problems but there's no solution to my issue.
Message 3 of 377 (24,798 Views)
flyboy340

Hi,

I am also having the same problem - can't dial out etc & phone has 5 bars signal. I havebeen using the Sure Signal box for 2 years now. I have been through the troubleshootin & reset the box etc, but to no avail.

:smileysad:

Message 4 of 377 (24,792 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your posts here.

So we can look at this for you the first thing that we will need is your Sure Signal serial numbers.

Also can you let me know if anyone else attached to the Sure Signal is having the same issue?

Do you have any issues whilst away from the Sure Signal?

Can you also do a speed test and let me know the results.

If you can let me know the above I will be able to assist you further.

James

If you have any comments on how I have handled your query, please give your feedback here.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 377 (24,769 Views)
flyboy340

Hi James,

My serial Number is 21196816751

Both phones using the box are affected (an iPhone & an SG2)

Both phones work ok when awau from Sure Signal

Speed Test - Dowload 6.91, Upload 0.38

Regards

Message 6 of 377 (24,725 Views)
flyboy340

Full signal but can’t make calls

Further to a previous post (Full signal but can’t receive calls or texts) I can now receive calls & txt but can’t make calls.

I have done a factory reset on the box, I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting, but I still can’t make calls, they get dropped before getting connected.

Both phones work ok when away from Sure Signal

Speed Test - Download 6.91, Upload 0.38

Many thanks for any help

Message 7 of 377 (24,707 Views)
flyboy340

Full signal but can’t make calls

Further to a previous post (Full signal but can’t receive calls or texts) I can now receive calls & txt but can’t make calls.

I have done a factory reset on the box, I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting, but I still can’t make calls, they get dropped before getting connected.

Both phones work ok when away from Sure Signal

Speed Test - Download 6.91, Upload 0.38

Many thanks for any help

Message 8 of 377 (24,700 Views)
Michael J Edwards

II have the same problem, everything straight to voicemail, only aware of calls sometime after leaving the area covered by the sure signal. Outgoing calls and text work well. I have reached the point where my customers, friends and family think I am deliberately avoiding calls and text messages.

Having spent time looking for a solution, I have  a theory on what is happening and need to get advise on best way to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  My problems can be traced back to when I started to get large amounts of text messages from VP requesting that I register my new postcode as I had moved my sure signal, I had not, the post code was and still is correct, having spent some time trying to re-enter the postcode which was not successful then followed by calls to support also not successful I went into my local VP store, the messages stopped.

I assume some sort of system change to ensure that phones operating on a fem cell (sure signal) can be traced to its actual location, was recently installed and created the volume of requests for a postcode. This may have created a conflict, the system may require confirmation of a post code and will not allow you to enter the postcode that is and was correct because it’s not a change.

I have seen in other posts on the VP site with a suggestion that it may stop requests for postcode information if you put a false postcode in for a while and then change back to the correct postcode say 48 hours later if this is the case can VP please confirm that this is the recommended solution or if not supply step by step instructions to resolve it quickly. I don’t want to have to go through more and more resets when everything I have seen points to an error in the VP customer record preventing the correct routing of incoming calls and text messages..

I do hope this sparks off some direct help from VP I am clearly not the only person suffering and it is making a big negative impact on my business.

Message 9 of 377 (24,668 Views)
siezens

I have the same issue. Not receiving calls as they go straight to voicemail for a day or more now when connected to Suresignal. Also have delayed oicemail notifications. - Suresignal serial: 40114225747 - iPhone 4 - Virgin broadband and router - iPhone speedtest: 19.38 Mbps download, 7.28 Mbps upload Hope someone sorts this out soon.
Message 10 of 377 (24,647 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi guys,

flyboy340 - I'm going to pop you a PM so that we can get this resolved.

With two handsets, you may also find that the upload speed may struggle at times. It is above the bare minimum for a single handset, but this obviously goes up the more devices are connected.

-------------------------------------------------

Michael J Edwards - The postcode needs to be correct on the Sure Signal registration, for example so that any emergency services calls carry the correct location information. This is why the postcode confirmation is important.

If for any reason the link to the network changes, this can sometimes cause the postcode to need to be reconfirmed, and until it is this will prevent traffic to and from the handset. As you suggest, this can be updated if the system will now allow the correct postcode to be reconnected by selecting an alternate one, then immediately submitting the correct one again - there's no need for an extended wait.

As well as trying this, can you please confirm your Sure Signal serial number?

--------------------------------------------------

siezens - Are you being asked to confirm the postcode as well and is the issue continuing?

Also, what lights do you see on the Sure Signal when you try connecting, and are outgoing calls and messages also affected?

Finally for now, what is your IP address?

I can see that your Sure Signal connected to our system a few hours after your post, so it's worth checking if your issue was temporary and, if not, just getting a little more information.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 11 of 377 (24,617 Views)
Michael J Edwards

Michael J Edwards - The postcode needs to be correct on the Sure Signal registration, for example so that any emergency services calls carry the correct location information. This is why the postcode confirmation is important. I understand that, it was correct 1n 2009 when I installed sure signal, it was still correct when I was sent what seemed like hundreds of text messages telling me I had moved,, I have not.  However changing the post code is not the problem I have tried it and it did not solve the voice calls going to email or the problem of getting text messages up to 24 hours after they have been sent.

If for any reason the link to the network changes, this can sometimes cause the postcode to need to be reconfirmed, and until it is this will prevent traffic to and from the handset. As you suggest, this can be updated if the system will now allow the correct postcode to be reconnected by selecting an alternate one, then immediately submitting the correct one again - there's no need for an extended wait. Done it has not solved the problem but may stop me getting text messages My link to network has not changed using Static IP address it is possible that BT may have moved servers but that should make no difference most of your customers will be on dynamic IP. For completeness all mac address the same, sane firewall amd virus software , No manuak port changes, no changes to the wiring configuration apart from the addition of NAS device which configured itself and should have no impact on the VP SS

As well as trying this, can you please confirm your Sure Signal serial number?

My Number is 21196759167

Additional information

Sure signal dashboard: Can’t access history messages says “sorry we have a technical problem try again in a few minutes” Also cannot edit or change users get the same error message as above and has been like that for some considerable time.

Additional information on my systems

ISP:BT Business running at 7.5 MB dowm .9 up on average, using 2701 HGV router with Interconnect as supplied by VP rest all cat 6 running at 100mb/sec.: Static IP address: Phone iPhone’s both 3s and 4 all supplied by VP: dedicated Internet phone line ( nothing else running on it ) Router that has wireless units separated by 5 feet and never had a problem before ; Router set to Auto when finding a wireless channel,  iPhone works as normal when out of range of SS however delayed text may still come through hours after normal reception . Even if text from one phone to another is almost instant for none delayed text.

Current SS light status: 1 Solid, 2 Solid, 3 slow flash 4 solid

The SS has periods of Just 1,2,and 4 solid 3 off and if I turn off iPhone ( all other devices switched off while testing) it goes straight to 124 solid 3 out turn on iPhone and back to the current status above.,

This is a very serious problem for me please Help

Message 12 of 377 (24,577 Views)
paulglenton

[ Edited ]

I am also having the same problem in London WC1 Serial number 40114656800 Outgoing calls are fine but no incoming calls at all unless Sure Signal is turned off and I stand by the window to get a signal from outside. I have had to force my main handset to 2g only to ensure incoming calls work. I have a spare handset registered to the Sure Signal for testing and it is still not receiving any calls or texts!

Speedtest here with BE broadband is 18201kpbs down and 1174 kbps up

Paul

Message 13 of 377 (24,560 Views)
usherwdp

Hi,

Just to say i'm having the same issue. i.e. make outgoing calls, but incomming goes to VM

Vigrin medial 30m download 3m upload

Iphone 4

Had a suresignal box for about 2 years.

Message 14 of 377 (24,550 Views)
siezens

Dave, I have had I issues about postcode I am aware of though I did just move. The signal light on the Suresignal stays lit and mobile connect Is off most of the time. Ican make outgoing calls fine but cannot reive incoming or text. IP is 94.170.152.118 It's possible you didn't see the Suresignal online because I HAVE TO TURN IT OFF TO RECEIVE CALLS.... This is quite frustrating as I got Vodafone because of suresignal promises and now it turns out to be less connects than patchy coverage :-(
Message 15 of 377 (24,535 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
meno

Add me to the list, full signal yet no service. All lights as they should be for over a year.

Please let me know when this has been fixed as you keep pestering me to upgrade and i'm holding off in case i need to change networks.

Many Thanks
Message 16 of 377 (24,526 Views)
waveyuk

Why not tell your customer services team.
I've spent over an hour on the phone tonight to them and they say there is nothing wrong... THERE IS! I have 2 boxes in 2 different locations, both having the same issues!
The cherry on the cake... I am told tonight I have to call back tomorrow... so I have to take a day off work to fix this as I rely on the box.
I have 3 phones on 1 account, I spend in excess of £110 a month on the phones and services, and I am treated like it's not a big deal.
Message 17 of 377 (24,517 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
meno

Ive seen the issue discussed on facebook, its hard to believe vf would rather the bad rep than admit its a fault
Message 18 of 377 (24,493 Views)
waveyuk

And VF won't fess up to their customers and say "yup, we have a problem"... you just get pushed around the customer service queue and 1st line support until you give up! Or, as I was told, call back tomorrow.
I just hope the new McLaren Vodafone Mercedes F1 car unveiled today is more reliable and faster than VF customer services!
Message 19 of 377 (24,485 Views)
marktmaguire

Same problem for me, full signal but for the past 2 days my wife and I can't receive text or calls unless we leave the house or I switch off the Sure signal. Can make outgoing calls and send texts just not receive, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4

Serial 21223473295 speed test 6.04 down, 0.65 up on Sky, its about 2 years old and worked fine.

I've now switched it off as I can't have this, so back to a weak signal for now until resolved. As soon as I switched it off we both received all todays texts.

Mark

Message 20 of 377 (24,474 Views)