Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 3 on 4G and Sure Signal V2

efordprefect
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying for ages to make my V2 Sure Signal work with my Galaxy Note 3. This problem only started when I got 4G on my phone. Problem is that the 4G signal (and 3G for that matter) are rubbish, hence why I bought the Sure Signal, which was working fine.

I've been rebooting both devices until the cows came home, had the phone sellotaped to the Sure Signal, made the router DMZ, all the tricks, but they just wouldnt talk to each other.

Then I tried turning 4G (LTE) off on the phone.

Connected immediately.

Can someone please tell me how I can connect to the Galaxy Note 3 to the Sure Signal V2 without turning off 4G on my phone.

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @efordprefect 

A Sure Signal won’t support 4G, they’re 3G enabled only.

Your phone will automatically connect to a 4G signal if this’s available.

Once a call is made or received, this should automatically drop down to 3G for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

That is exactly the problem

It doesnt.

Hi @efordprefect,

I'd recommend leaving LTE switched off whilst you're at home.

This as you mentioned resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

You're agreeing with me, not answering my question!

I don't want to have to fiddle with the system settings everytime I walk into the house, it's very annoying!

Is this a Galaxy Note problem? or a Sure Signal Problem?
and can it be fixed?
If so, what is the fix?

Hi @efordprefect,

The SS does't support 4G, with this being the case, you'll need to switch off 4G when using your SS.

Thanks,

Rodney 

We're just going round in circles here!

Can someone tell me when this Vodafone Sure Signal 4G will be available? and how much?

http://www.4g.co.uk/4g-news/operators/vodafone-sure-signal-premium-brings-reliable-4g-coverage-workp...

Hi @efordprefect,

We don't have any information on a 4G Sure Signal and it's potential launch.

When you leave LTE on and try to make a call at home what happens?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

If LTE is on I cant connect to the Sure Signal at all (see my first post in this thread)

Immediately I turn LTE off, we get a connection.
If I turn LTE back on again, it'll stay connected to Sure Signal while I'm in range or until I go out.
When I come back in again, nothing, until I turn LTE off again.
As I said earlier, It's really annoying to have to keep fiddling with the phones system settings.

I suspect the Samsung will do anything it can to stay on 4G, even if the signal is useless!

Hi @efordprefect

As 4G is a data only service currently, there’ll be no 4G Sure Signal anytime soon.

To rule out whether it’s a phone or Sure Signal issue, does your phone have any issue dropping down to 2G or 3G for calls when not connected to the Sure Signal?

Also, when you’re home with 4G on, your Sure Signal on and you try and make call, what’s the exact error you see or hear?

Thanks,

Simon