Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting Vodaphone Sure Signal to work on EE Bright Box

bermuda_onion
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Vodaphone Sure Signal worked fine with a Orange livebox router, but since i was upgraded to the EE Bright Box it wont work.

Vodaphone told me that for the Sure signal to be working the router must have the below ports to be opened for the Suresignal box under 2 protocols TCP & UDP through the ISP

Port No.8

Port No 50

Port No 123

Port No 500

Port No 4500

I rang EE and the nice Indian lady said something about they wouldn't help and I would have to find out how to get it working myself.

My Vodafone Sure Signal is version 1 with 4 lights. The top power light remains on constant. Serial no: 21231320819

Can anyone offer any advice please ?

24 REPLIES 24

I had to manually enter an IP address for Sure signal. and I have now completed the port forwarding setup on the router. Still not connecting though

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I know there are routers that the device gets blocked by (we tried for months at work while we were waiting for a new local mast to be built) some were fine and worked out of the box, others were blocked and we never got working.

I'm not sure what the answer is, as the suresignals are great on unfiltered internet connections, and seem to struggle on the 'tightly controlled' ones.

With plusnet we had to log into the account and turn any firewall services off (an account setting not a router one) as they were pre-filtering traffic before it actually got to the router an device.

Hi bermuda_onion,

Thank you for getting back to us and I’m pleased that you’ve managed to setup the port forwarding options.

To make sure nothing is being blocked can you try to disable to router firewall by following these instructions?

Once you’ve done this, please reboot the router and reset your Sure Signal and let me know how you get on.

Reset your Sure Signal:

For versions 1 and 2:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

For version 3:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

James

turned firewall off successfully, rebooted router, reset sure signal, over an hour later, still not working

Hi Bermuda_onion,

Were you seeing any light sequences after you reset your Sure Signal?

If you had a solid Power light and flashing Status light, it would mean your unit was being configured.

I’ve checked your serial number today and can see that your unit connected to our servers on 6 July at 16:58.

Are you now able to connect?

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi,

I have a solid Power light and I have seen the status light flashing for a few minutes after resetting, but still not connected

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bermuda_onion,

Thanks for confirming. Your Sure Signal connected to the server again last night about 40 minutes before your post.

Are you able to test the Sure Signal on another internet connection just we can absolutely rule out any changes in the ISP setup as well as your router?

Have EE told you about any other changes in the setup of your service compared to when you were on Orange?

Cheers, Ben

I don't have another internet connection to try, and EE say there should be no changes to the service since it changed from Orange

Hi bermuda_onion,

Would you be able to try this on friends or neighbours internet connection that doesn’t use EE to make sure that it’s not a faulty Sure Signal?

Also do you know if the EE router uses PPPoE or PPPoA protocol?

If PPPoE, can you ask your provider if the router has a built in bridge in the modem to convert it to PPPoA? Without this it won’t connect.

James

Hi,  the EE router uses PPPoA protocol.

I dont have access to anyone elses broadband unfortunately