Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Good 4g but poor voice in house.

Richy_01
4: Newbie

Hi. 

I have good 4g signal both indoors and out but voice struggles in the house. I often miss calls and have to go outside to make a call. 

So my question would sure signal improve my voice call reception but leave data to use 4g? Doesn't matter a lot as I have good rural broadband so data wouldn't be an issue either way. I could do with improved voice reception in the house though. 

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When it's time to renew your contract you can then revert to a consumer tariff which I'd advise carrying out in store. 

Yes you can turn the sure signal off if you wish. 

Just not for extended periods. For example over 3 months or it woukd need resetting by customer service. 

From faqs page "

How long has it been since you last used your Vodafone Sure Signal?

Not for the last three months: We may have put a bar on it. You can remove this bar by calling us free on 191 from your Vodafone mobile.
Not for the last 12 months: Your device may be fully de-registered. Contact us if you’d like to reactivate your account. Find out more in our Ts&Cs."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@bandofbrothers1 wrote:

When it's time to renew your contract you can then revert to a consumer tariff which I'd advise carrying out in store. 

No it's not as easy as that. It's the account that is deemed to be a business account not an individual contract. To move the acocunt back to being a comsumer is a tgime consuming business as it involved a transfer of ownership. this involves form filling, dealing with the TOO team and possible credit checks.

The only way to avoid that is to open a brand new account with a new contract and new number and go through the pain of transferring the number to PAYG and back to a contract.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Agreed @jeffkinn

I submit I wasn't as detailed in my response as I could have been. 

Apologies. 

Current Phone  >

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@jeffkinn wrote:
The only way to avoid that is to open a brand new account with a new contract and new number and go through the pain of transferring the number to PAYG and back to a contract.

@jeffkinn - I thought that you could port from business to consumer (and visa versa) without the need to go via PAYG.  I always understood it that you couldn't port within the same account type so consumer to consumer and business to business.  Am I getting muddled up?

PWIAC

jeffkinn
Yes @drey_p that's probably right. Good point.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p

@jeffkinn wrote:
Yes @drey_p that's probably right. Good point.

I find it all very convoluted and not the easiest to keep a track of.

PWIAC

Ok, went in a couple  of Vodafone stores today.  First one didn't have a sure sync and I asked about changing my account to consumer. They pretty much said as per the cancel account, Port to payg and then port to consumer contract. Personally thought it would be easier to port to EE as 2 ports with Vodafone would see my number lost until the end of time. 

Second Vodafone shop had a sure sync in stock and asked again about my contract. The gal pretty much said the same but another salesman listening in came over and pretty much said that was a load of old cow muck. As I was  a sole trader and account  in my name he logged onto 'crystal'  (I think he said) and with my number changed it to consumer just like that.  Showed me on the system  it was now consumer and said give it a while for such as the Vodafone  app to work. Job done,  simple as! 

Not going to say where or who the assistant was as being far too helpful would be sacked next week :smileyvery-happy:

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for your update. 

Good to hear that you could change contract type without needing to jump through hoops. 

Hopefully this will also help any others seeking similar help. 

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
I'd love to be proved wrong bit I'm sceptical that you have been changed to a consumer account as easily as that. If the My Vodafone app still reports you being designated as a business account it shows that the account type is much deeper in the system. I think I went through these hoops as well when I tried to change from business to consumer.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I hope I can prove you wrong! It did say my account was a consumer account on the page he'd logged into and done what ever he'd done. He asked who told me the other way,  porting numbers and what not and told him pretty much every shop assistant and jeffkin on the  voda support forum :smileyvery-happy:  The Mrs was with me at the time and said to her that she'd better get round the business card shop and print some change of number cards as expect my number and account will be gone tomorrow!  

When I try to use the My Vodafone app it says "As you don't have a mobile phone account with us you won't be able to check your account details on this app. But you will be able to see them by going to My Vodafone" 

The chap in the shop did say give the app some time and maybe after midnight before the app would work. Also not many knew of the old crystal system used at Vodafone and that it was a minutes job to swap. I am a sole trader and only have one number btw.