Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HELP! PHONE NOT WORKING ON SURE SIGNAL AFTER CHANGE OF SIM

MIKEHENNESSY
2: Seeker

Hi

My wife has just changed from a personal contract to a business contract with Vodafone but retained her number.  She was sent a new SIM but this has not worked since day 1 via our Sure Signal box.  However it works away from home on a normal 3G network.  The Sure Signal box itself seems fine as I have an iPhone 5 which continues to work without a problem through it.  Numerous calls to various helpdesks have proved fruitless including a couriered new SIM.  This leads me to thionk it could be a problem with registration of the new SIM onto the Sure Signal.  I have tried removing the SIM, resetting the Sure Signal and even removing the number from the users list and re-adding it but nothing works.  I have read other posts indicating that Vodafone can resync the Sure Signal remotely.  Can anyone please help as we have no normal mobile signal where we live and my wife relies heavily on it for her business.  Sure Signal serial number is 21231790193.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MIKEHENNESSY

SOLVED!  Deregistered and reregistered the Sure Signal and all working.  Took 5 minutes to do.  Makes me wonder why the supposed experts at the various helplines could not do this!!  Suggest some inhouse training is required.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

MIKEHENNESSY

SOLVED!  Deregistered and reregistered the Sure Signal and all working.  Took 5 minutes to do.  Makes me wonder why the supposed experts at the various helplines could not do this!!  Suggest some inhouse training is required.

Thanks, I have had the same problem since upgrading to a iPhone 5, have spoken to tech support twice today firstly to be told to reset my phone settings, not sure why a 3G was fine when I was out and about, secondly to say they can't resync at the moment as there system has been down for 2 days. Deregistered then registered vss took 5 mins and all ok now , why they could not tell me that who knows !!!

Quite agree!  Seems like it's easier to DIY rather than attempt to find someone who actually understands their own company's technology!!

Hi MIKEHENNESY, 

I'm glad you got this sorted out, it's the change of SIM that drops the network connection in these cases so replacing it would not have any effect as you need to update your online account.

We can force a resynch for you which should do the same job, but as you can see the re-registering works a treat!

I've fed this info back so that we can communicate it out to our agents so that it's easier in the future

Paul 

Hi Mike,

Brilliant! I've had exactly the same problem and was dreading having to call 191 to get it sorted.... I like this kind of Self-Help Support!

Indeed, reregistering the sure signal does work to reinstate your service after a SIM change. What a pity that the customer support staff not only don't know that, but they actually advise you not to do that!

The hours I have wasted lately talking to customer support. Well meaning, but ...