Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One - Suresignal issue when Wi-Fi turned on

neilclark
4: Newbie

I've recently got myself a new HTC One and noticed when the phone has it's Wi-Fi enabled and is connected to a home Router, the phone, for some reason, appears to throw you off UMTS/3G on to GSM/2G resulting in poor reception as it won't properly camp on to the SS and stay on it.

When you initiate a call, you can see it connect to the SS and the phone icon illuminate, literally within about 2 seconds of the connection the phone switches over to 2G and the SS indication disappears. Turn off the Wi-Fi on the phone itself and not a problem, you can make and receive calls via the SS ok.

Is there something I'm overseeing on the phone menu somewhere? Other phones registered with the SS work perfectly with in-built Wi-Fi (ie iPhone 4) so there's no issue with the SS itself.

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there neilclark,

This is a new one on me and I've been dealing with Sure Signal for three years!

How old is the phone?

Does the WiFi drop if you switch the Sure Signal off?

To be honest, it sounds like the phone is at fault here. You could try a factory reset to see if that fixes it.

Cheers,

LeeH

neilclark
4: Newbie
Hi Lee, yep it is a strange one. Nope, the WiFi doesn't drop with the SS turned off. The phone camps fine on the SS until an incoming or outgoing call is made/received and instantly it connects the phone hands off to 2G.

It's a new phone, only literally a Month old. I think the HTC One's have only been out a couple of Months. It was never an issue with my old Nokia C7 or any other phone on the SS.

Hi neilclark,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can only recommend the factory reset of the HTC One as Lee suggested.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, yep, tried that but still to no avail unfortunately. it's a strange one, I could give it a go with a 1st generation SS unit I've also got spare at home to see if that makes any difference. I've checked it with a Wi-Fi connection and macro UMTS/3G network connection and it holds on to 3G during a call so defintely a Sure Signal related issue with the handset itself.

Hi neilclark,

Give the old Sure Signal a go. I don't envisage a difference, but it will just help to rule in/out that part of the equation.

If that works, can you let us know the serial number of the current Sure Signal?

Dave