Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One V and Sure Signal

th_london
4: Newbie

I have seen various threads regarding the HTC One X and Sure Signal, but wanted to check that Vodafone is aware that the HTC One V appears to have the same issue.

If my One V is set to GSM/WCDMA auto mode, the phone light on the Sure Signal lights up as it should when I make a call or someone calls me, but goes out as soon as the call is connected - either the call drops or it switches to the inferior quality external GSM (2G) signal.

As with the One X, the problem can be solved by switching the phone to WCDMA only mode when I am at home, but it's annoying that I have to keep switching it back to GSM/WCDMA auto every day when I go out: this is necessary because even in outdoor locations in central London the phone seems to drop calls when set to WCDMA only and only works reliably when set to GSM/WCDMA auto mode. (Should this be the case??)

Is Vodafone aware of this issue with the One V and will there be a software update like you say is currently being prepared for the One X? Incidentally, the phone did recently receive a software update to version 2.22, but this does not appear to have resolved the problem.

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

sbaker106
4: Newbie

I have a One X and had the same problem as everyone else (phone not connecting to Sure Signal). Even after the latest software update it wouldn't connect. following the information below solved my problem as i had changed from a standard sim to a new micro sim:

==========================================

Has Your SIM recently been replaced?

When a SIM change is performed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal system to recognise the change, during this period you won't be able to pick up any signal from the Sure Signal. If you still experience issues after this time then you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on, this can be done via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number in order to remove/re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking Change Owner on the Sure Signal Dashboard. The new owner will then need to login to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number.

==========================================

Hope this helps

Thanks but I don't think it's a SIM issue - I've only used this phone/SIM with the Sure Signal box (both the phone and Sure Signal are new) and the Sure Signal does work with the phone but only if the phone is set to WCDMA (3G) only mode. It won't work if the phone is set to auto switch between 3G and 2G (the default setting).

I registered a friend's phone (a Sony Ericsson) to the Sure Signal and her phone worked perfectly with the SS although it was set to auto switch between 3G and 2G. This surely suggests it is something to do with the HTC phones - can Vodafone confirm?

Hi th_london,

I appreciate your concern. I've passed this on to the relevant team to ensure that even if they weren't already aware this is now taken into account when working to get this resolved.

In the meantime, just so we can rule out anything else, can you just confirm your Sure Signal serial number for me?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Serial number is 40123236016.

Thanks

Hi th_london,

Although everything looks fine with the registration I have re-synced the Sure Signal just to make sure.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue I know that Dave will be back in the office on Monday and will continue to chase this with our support teams for you.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for this. I've tried again but the phone still won't make the call via the Sure Signal if it is set to GSM/WCDMA auto mode - so I'd appreciate it if the support teams could continue to look into this.

TH

Hi th_london,

Don't worry, this hasn't been forgotten.

I've not had an update regarding this as yet, but please rest assured this is being looked into.

Dave

Can I just add my voice to this as well, my One V also has to be moved to 3G mode only to work with the sure signal.

Hello,

I am a Vodafone Corporate customer - with a Sure Signal and a HTC One V and I too can confirm that it only works if I force WCDMA (3g) only.

This needs to be resolved - it is unacceptable that the product is not working in the correct way.

Thanks

Elliot