cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Has anyone managed to but a sure start recently, how did they do so and is it worth it?

clnot
2: Seeker

Some of this is a bit of a rant having spent the last two hours trying to buy a sure start.

Having tried the last two weekends through various vodafone shops I thought I would try online.

I have tried to buy online but it wont add to basket (just get question marks), spent 10 minutes being routed around the telephone system before trying online chat. That had a queue of 10 minutes before I was able to chat to a very nice guy who called me back and placed me in the sales queue. After speaking to sales they told me that they didn't sell them anymore and I had to speak to customer services so they moved me on - a total of 45 minutes later of canned music I gave up.

I have just tried again, being left on hold for 20 minutes before I spoke to customer services - after clearng security I was told that I had to buy the sure start online!!!! or through a shop!!!!

I have now received a text telling me they have lifted all premium barring off my account - what does that have to do with sure start please?

So back to my orignal question - it is worth it? I have donated well over an hour of life to this so far today!

2 REPLIES 2

pete17

No idea if this helps - but as it happens I spoke to Vodafone Sure Signal support this afternoon, they informed me that the boxes are out of stock and there would be some delay before they get any more of them. 

Might explain why they are being evasive about supplying you with a box. 

My experience with Sure Signal is that it is a mediocre product at best. It gets extremely hot during operation and seems to crash once or twice a day and needs constant re-booting to get it to work, I am already on my second unit (the first failed after a couple of weeks). 

During the few hours the unit is running - it works okay, but my experience is that you cannot really rely on it and getting Vodafone to support the unit properly is almost impossible, (Just try getting a response on this forum...)

If you have the option, you would probably be much better off finding another network with better coverage.

Just my experience though. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @clnot

You can purchase a Sure Signal from one of our Vodafone stores (subject to stock), or via our website here.

It’s currently not allowing you to purchase one, as they’re out of stock.

It’ll allow you to add to the basket, as soon as they’re available to order again.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Gemma