Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help reactivating Sure Signal V2

nagano
2: Seeker

Hello, I am having great difficulty reactivating my Sure Signal V2. I have not used the box for a couple of years but just moved to a house where there is no vodafone signal, so really need it now!

Serial number is 40120228313.

I've had the bar removed from the sure signal box. After then manually resetting the box, I get two lights flashing, and then all lights go out. The box stays in this state.

Any help gratefully received.

Tony

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You'll need to speak with customer service on 191 or Live Chat. 

As its been unused for so long they will have De Registered it. 

Info fo in Link -> My-Sure-Signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @nagano

If you have not used the Sure Signal for 12 months, it will have been removed from the network and you will be unable to use the device again.

Your only option is to purchase a new Sure Signal and register the new device to your account.

If you check the Sure Signal Terms and Conditions, you will see that this is a Clause.

nagano
So the box is useless? I really can't believe the only option is to chuck it away! Surely vodafone can reactivate it - that's a scandal.

I rang 191 last week and the removed the bar on it, they didn't tell me the box was useless.

BandOfBrothers

There seems to be two sources of information on this particular situation. 

One says customer service can lift the block. 

The other says from the T&C's its permanent. 

Hopefully if you can re contact Customer Services on 191 can officially clarify. 

Would you let us know what happens ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@nagano wrote:
Surely vodafone can reactivate it

Yes, they can.... if you contact them less than 12 months from the last use.  If you leave it for longer than 12 months, you won't be able to reactivate it.

I cannot emphasise enough the importance of reading the T&Cs before you start using a device or service.  Reading through the T&Cs would have made you aware of the usage clause. 

PWIAC

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@nagano It was confirmed on these boards by one of the Tech Team a few days ago that after 12 months on non-use the Sure Signal cannot be reactivated.