Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home Hub 5 with a Sure Signal 3

PeterBur
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My Sure Signal 3 went faulty last week. I bought a new one serial no 43161629340 and it has been connected ok to my BT Hub 5 i.e. I can see it on the Hub. After nearly 24 hours and many resets, it is still not working with Red Light solid, 1st White Light flashing. I spoke to someone on the 033....191 number and she said there was a maintenance problem and to wait, but with no indication of how long! I find no record of any problem here. Since then, I have also installed a second SS3 serial number 43161653902, intending to use it on another floor at home to get very in-house coverage, with the same light conditions. Both are registered according to my account, but neither works, and I cannot add a User to either because of some problem on the website/network. I have no service, so cannot live with this much longer as there is no signal of any useable consequence in my village in WR11 4UE.
17 REPLIES 17

Having waited past midnight, as advised by Tech Support, I have been able to re-register both SureSignal3s this morning, add another User to each, which I couldn't before, and am now waiting for them to activate - Red solid, 1st White Flashing on each.

It would therefore appear that the server problem may have been sorted out, because of being able to add the User, so I now wait to see if they activate in due course.

mrdbailes
4: Newbie
Mine is now all back to working again since about 5pm or so yesterday. Can also now add new users again which was generating an error before too.

Djcla
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Yes mine now works since they re registered it yesterday and from about 5 last night it kicked in. I can now add users too

Both SS3 devices activated and working from about 1hr ago, so seems like the server is now ok.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PeterBur @Djcla @mrdbailes We're glad to hear your Sure Signal's are all up and running now. 

Thanks for letting us know! 

Apologies for any trouble caused. 

It's not quite as perfect as I had thought.  The additional User I registered, also a VF customer, is unable to access either of the SS3s.  I have checked the Setting on the phone, and iPhone5S, and they seem to be in order, but I have been unable to get it to connect.

I had that with a 5c I reset removed number and really added then reset SS via the reset button.   That did the trick oh reboot phone too it took some time to kick in

Thanks Djcla, I waited overnight, deleted and then re-entered the additional User, rebooted the SS3s and then the iPhone, and it seems to be ok now.